BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to this board. Is anyone taking the next Westwood course, I am. I'll be taking my F4i, come up and say hi okay.:rider

·
Registered
634 Posts
good to see you came and joined the site. I'm pretty sure there are a couple going. I was the guy on the r6 after the bccom meeting.

-arai-

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey nice to met you Arai.
Now that I know who you are we can hook up and go riding. There's a few people in your group that's from this end that would be interested in riding. We'll have to met soon and do the sea to sky. Are you taking the Westwood course or have you taken it aready?;)

·
Registered
634 Posts
i want to do the westwood school, but I have to work out what I would need to do to my bike. I think tracks like s.i.r. just require you to tape your lights. This one sounds a little more complicated. The only other thing is I cant trailer to the track as I dont have a car/truck so if I crash I'm outta luck. Still looking at ways to do it though.

-arai-

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey BlazinR6 the course if $400 but they haven't filled up yet. If you try to wheel and deal with them I'm sure they might come down a little. This is hard times isn't it.
Hey Arai, don't worry, when you get you're bike ready we can hook with some people and do some track days. I'm not ready to go 100% and crash doing my first hairpin. I know I'll be the last finishing. I've already experienced pain.:laughing

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Guys,
Its good to read that people are posting about track days and race schools; at least it shows an interest in improving ones skills. BUT you can only learn to do, by doing.Get out there and do it. So which is the best race school? It doesn't matter! because any of the instructors will be more skill full than yourself; and that is where you can learn at least onething from. When it comes down to it; any school is only as good as the questions YOU ask. For $400.00 the westwood school is a bargan. No they can't compete against most of the schools in the states that have a fully paid instructor line up, with 100's of 1000's of dollars invested in developing teaching curriculum. But they try just as hard as them to make you a better rider. This is not an endorsement for westwood, I'm just saying again get out and go to one.
Don't worry about crashing; Just don't do it.
And it is esier said then done. When you worry about crashing, you aren't consentrating 100% at the task at hand and thats riding your bike; and that Will make you crash.
Work up to speed slowly grasshopper, and FEEL what your bike is doing.If you develop bike feel early on it will pay dividends latter on.
Don't try to play catch-up with you friends that are faster. every crash that I have seen from newer(to track) riders, is from them letting thier ego get in the way and trying to play I'm faster than you. Faster to the hospital for sure.
Sorry for the rant people, but I lost my best friend a while ago because his ego got in the way.
Go out and do track days and Race schools...You will be glad you did! javascript:smilie(':D')

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Sticky Buns,
You're right, I'm not going to think about crashing but riding. Believe my ego doesn't get in the way of my riding, I know when I'm in trouble, there's always that gut feeling that you're doing a little too much and you're not ready for it. Any training will only help the rider and that's why I'm taking it. If you want to go for a ride a bunch of us are going to Harrison tomorrow morning around 10 and 10:30 leaving from the flying swan in Kits. You're all welcome to tag along. But you have to bring your bathing trunks, we're going to the hot springs. :rider

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like It should be fun; wish I could go but alas ICBC says not untill the end of the month when my insurance kicks in.
Ride safe, have fun and when your big toe looks like a prune it's time to get out.
Cheers.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Gang,
I just had my first introduction to motorcycle racing. I have to say this Westwood Road Racing School is well worth the $400. I spent almost 5 hours on theory with Steve Dick whom is supposed to be one of the better or great racers in this part of the world. Man, it's great to have someone experienced and actually been there sharing all their secrets of riding with you. We went over everything from pit set-up, track day procedures, to suspension, rain riding, and the most important thing, race lines-cornering and braking. These are things no one can actually share with you unless they've been there. This is knowledge. I highly recommend this course to anyone who wants to ride those streets smoother, faster, and safer. Hey we even got pizza, pop, and bon bons. Anyways, gang, I'll let know know how prep night went. That's this wednesday at Imperial. Stay tuned.:rider

·
Registered
725 Posts
so i guess we will be seeing you at spokane may 19 and 20

got to put all that knowledge to use:D

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Kit,
I hear you. Looks like I'll have to keep on going. Anyone want to come out to Mission on April 21 is welcome to hang out in my pit area and observe. There's alot to be learned by watching, plus it'll be nice to met some of you. Cheers:D

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well my street bike is now a mean track machine. I'll probably take me a day to put the baby back together again if I ever want to put it back on thestreet again. I think it's a good idea for everyone to take a basic motorcycle mechanics course before taking one of these courses so you will know what has to be wired and do it right. Man, it's a technical procedure, for those that deal with machinery everyday won't have a problem but for the averages Joes like myself we'll have to bring it in. Anyways, great demo day for prepping your bike for the track, you really get to know your bike up close. Today, my bike is probably about 5 to 10lbs lighter, that only means more horsepower. So keep posted for my next session, at the Tradex...slow speed training.:rolleyes

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Sportbikes,
Anyone want to take part in a special racing course put by Westwood for Vrom. All of you guys and gals are welcome to take part in this with the VROM group. Get your novice racing ticket this summer. I'm taking it now and it's a total blast.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well Gang,
I got my novice racing license. It was a total blast. For those of you that love to race on the streets, it's time you took it to the track and see what you're really made of. On the track, skill come into play, it's the only place to test yourself not on the street. So guys sign up for the course the next time it comes around. Cheers.:rider

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
flying busa said:
Hey Sportbikes,
Anyone want to take part in a special racing course put by Westwood for Vrom. All of you guys and gals are welcome to take part in this with the VROM group. Get your novice racing ticket this summer. I'm taking it now and it's a total blast.

Hey Julia, you can count me in, when is vrom going to do this? Guess I need to find a track bike quick :D :D

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Digi168,
You definitely have to take it. You would totally love it. You learn so much about riding and about yourself. This stuff cannot be learned on the streets. Westwood is putting one on specifically for the VROM group. I need 20 people for this thing to fly, so if you can get some people to sign up, it could happen sooner than later. I have already 7 people, but I think it'll have to happen after the Laguna Seca ride. Too much money coming out of people's pocket right now. Bog knows someone who sells track bikes. I'll get back to you on that. Cheers:D

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
flying busa said:
Hey Digi168,
You definitely have to take it. You would totally love it. You learn so much about riding and about yourself. This stuff cannot be learned on the streets. Westwood is putting one on specifically for the VROM group. I need 20 people for this thing to fly, so if you can get some people to sign up, it could happen sooner than later. I have already 7 people, but I think it'll have to happen after the Laguna Seca ride. Too much money coming out of people's pocket right now. Bog knows someone who sells track bikes. I'll get back to you on that. Cheers:D
Thanks Julia. Are you going to be downtown tonight?

·
Premium Member
9,052 Posts
Count me in..........I have always wanted to take a course like this. Is there a web site or phone number to call where we can learn more about it?
Frank

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
guess I should have been checking in here a llittle more often.

That course WAS a blast wasn't it. I can hardly wait for the next T&T at the end of this month so I can get those skills welded into my brain a little more.

At the end of the day I was going WAY faster than my brain said I had a right to be going but I was calm and collected. And the big thing that amazed me was that I could see a lot of areas where I just wasn't doing my limit. If I even just fill in those holes I'll be very happy.

Just got to figure out what numbers are available now. And are you going to be at any of the meetings comeing up?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts