BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
18,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
LOL I think the problem is it's hard to get all the urine out of such a long hose.

Now I've let the secret out of the bag for all the ladies of bcsb!

·
awful human
3,139 Posts
I have been in and out of RCH for the past few days,what is with the NO motorcycle/people signs in the parking lots?
Anyone know if there is any motorcycle parking there?
I have been there several times in the last few years for stitches (fun times haha). I parked my sportbike up on the sidewalk poked into the bicycle rack as if it was a bicycle. Never a problem. I've never seen a bicycle anywhere near that rack any time I've ever been there.

·
Katani Kalan
906 Posts
I've got a torn heart valve the mitral valve. Recovery is somewhere between 8-10 weeks. I'm bummed out about riding season more then anything.

·
Registered
18,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've got a torn heart valve the mitral valve. Recovery is somewhere between 8-10 weeks. I'm bummed out about riding season more then anything.

Yeah that is the worst part. I lost most of 2010 to an accident and multiple surgeries... and now it's looking like 2012 could be a bit of a write off as well.

It's the shits.. but what can you do. There is more to life than motorcycles... but it doesn't seem like it at the time.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have been in and out of RCH for the past few days,what is with the NO motorcycle/people signs in the parking lots?
Anyone know if there is any motorcycle parking there?
I asked the same thing about Langley Hospital a few years back. There's liability concern with the gates that go up and down. At that time I was told to just ride in on the crosswalk and go between the posts to get in and out. I think I was supposed to then pick up a ticket at the entrance and walk to the booth to pay on exit. But they never explained how long I was supposed to jump up and down infront of the ticket machine to get it to spit out the stupid ticket.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Sorry to hear about your continuing injury Jay. I'm sure a bone scan would be somewhat helpful in determining a hot spot and therefore a possible fracture...but perhaps its time to get more conclusive test? I'm no doctor but wouldn't an MRI be a better test? Seeing a few extra little stars circling around your pelvis will only say so much...That said I really know nothing. Man you can never get the last drip..that's the way it is.

Good luck Bud.

·
Registered
18,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Sorry to hear about your continuing injury Jay. I'm sure a bone scan would be somewhat helpful in determining a hot spot and therefore a possible fracture...but perhaps its time to get more conclusive test? I'm no doctor but wouldn't an MRI be a better test? Seeing a few extra little stars circling around your pelvis will only say so much...That said I really know nothing. Man you can never get the last drip..that's the way it is.

Good luck Bud.
I'll just keep following up and doing what I can to get better.

In retrospect, it was a pretty major crash... so the fact I'm still walking and not really fucked up is a good thing.

I'm a pretty tough cat. If you are going to play big boy games, you run the risk of hurting yourself. Not my first rodeo.

When they ask about previous injuries and you give them a litany of motorcycle damage over the years, the medical folks look at you as if you are totally retarded. It's kinda cute.

I'm just glad you guys were there to pick me up and put me back on the horse. I wouldn't have been able to get myself up and get going again... I'd have been there under the bike until some poor sap came along to find me.

Still not quite sure how I managed to ride the 40 odd km's out of the bush. Don't remember much of that.

Life goes on bro. I'll have to work on my dr650 front flip for next time.

·
Eyes set on the rubbarb
1,990 Posts
Jay Great post. Glad to see you take it in stride with a good sense of humor. Did you crash the KLR? Or this is an old injury.

My hospital visit was somewhat personal as well :p Too personal to post up here, but after a few drinks I'm usually glad to tell it. Damn that doctor was hot. :p

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Warble warble warble.

Strange things happen to you when you crash motorcycles. I've not been feeling too swift lately, so I was sent for bonescans at RCH today in hte Nuclear Medicine Department.

So they give me a dose of Tc99m MDP and I go have coffee and juice with Cooldaddygroove and Chia who have graciously agreed to meet yours truly at the hospital to check out my lovely state.

Funny things happen in life. So I head back for the scan...

"Sir, have you pee'd lately? You should empty your bladder since the radioactivity shows up in urine and we are scanning your hips and pelvis."

"No, I will go".

So I head off and do that, come back and do the scan. Lovely early 30's nurse.

The scan takes quite some time.

"Sir, you have a hotspot in your groin area. You must have got urine on your underpants an it's clouding the test, I am going to get you to take off your clothing and put on these hospital issued pants. While you are changing, have another pee to empty what is left."

So off I go... change and whizz. I yank it, I squeeze it.. i shake it, I fling it... no more drips. I wipe it with TP. Off to the scan.

Lay down on the table...

Giggle. "Sir, you have more pee on your pants, you have dripped".

Fawk me.

So I have to change again, this time she tells me just to change in the room and she will look the other way. LOL.

After the test is done, I gather my stuff to leave... then drop my book, blackberry and wallet on the floor in the scan room.. and while bending over to grab it the pants come off my hips and my ass and hammer are sticking out.

Good times.

Hammer??? Fuck,,,,,just spit my toothpaste all over the desk. That's a good one.

I hate to bring it up, should have listened to uncle Steve warning about those double whoops that are cut into the roads.
Should we be worried? You think you've got a broken hip?

Steve

·
Let the good times roll
1,083 Posts
It seems the off road bikes are causing you the injuries.

The bigger cc street bikes easily put both of us at risk of impound.

Maybe we should get ourselves some small cc street bikes (ninja 250's) or even go to the dark side and get ourselves some she-stroms....

1 - 20 of 72 Posts