BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
fuck Jay, thats nuts. glad to hear that this update is coming from you, and not from someone else on your behalf- if you know what i mean.

·
Registered
8,742 Posts
holly mother.. Jay! dude man i.. wow dunno where to start :(

heal up brother! you caught it thats the main thing, fight the good fight!! :coffee

glad to hear that this update is coming from you, and not from someone else on your behalf- if you know what i mean.
MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!!

he can use the keyboard, thats good news :rockon

·
Registered
18,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
fuck Jay, thats nuts. glad to hear that this update is coming from you, and not from someone else on your behalf- if you know what i mean.
Totally. Yeah that was quite the experience, basically doctors trying to put together the story and figure out what was going on..
and at least treat what was going on until they had a proper information to confirm it all.

The nurse I had the first night was really good. After things had sort of stabilized, she came over and said "you are very lucky you showed up when you did".

I'm like "really?" she's like... "REALLY". Such is the way life goes I guess.

·
How to ride
1,169 Posts
Totally. Yeah that was quite the experience, basically doctors trying to put together the story and figure out what was going on..
and at least treat what was going on until they had a proper information to confirm it all.

The nurse I had the first night was really good. After things had sort of stabilized, she came over and said "you are very lucky you showed up when you did".

Viva Bandito !!

·
Registered
6,170 Posts

Fuck Jay. No screwing around now, time to get serious. Your stubborn toughness will come in handy here. You will need to dig deep here.

I've lost family members from a flu gone to pneumonia. I've had it twice myself, the second time I was fighting a losing battle, it was all I could do to get to the doctor who told me the same thing that your doctors have told you, that vital organs were in danger from the high body temperature, that another day being a brave tough guy would have seen my end.

Heck of a way to lose weight, as I know you will. Do everything the professionals tell you, to the letter. Self awareness of your physical status is going to be very important, and noting to them if you feel you're losing that situational awareness, is paramount. Fight it as if it's the worst enemy. I don't think I'm being overly dramatic.

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
That's scarey stuff. Good luck clearing that up.

Was the nurse at least cute? Or identified as a gender you find attractive?

·
Registered
18,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
That's scarey stuff. Good luck clearing that up.

Was the nurse at least cute? Or identified as a gender you find attractive?
With 4 days I had a number of nurses, some for the first 2 days as they cycled through 12 hours shifts. Mostly female but a few male
ones, and all I can say is that the staff were top notch. Very compassionate and willing to help. A few other patients in my tour were
really obnoxious, and you can see how the care changes as they get frustrated - and so would I. One patient and spouse were downright
abusive -and the husband was told if he acted out again, he would be banned. It was a shame to be honest. I just kept quiet in my bed,
which was basically a sectioned off area of people with the flu and complications with different signs on the bed curtains indicating levels
of personal protection required. Anyone that came in to help me was wearing a plastic type coat in front of their scrubs and at least a
face mask, and most with a face screen over their eyes as well. It was a bit surreal to be honest, but understood. The food was horrible
but for 2 days I didn't eat anyways. The time flew to be honest, not out of boredom but I felt so sick I just wanted to lie on the bed and
stare at the walls anyway. Still have to deal with this infection disease referral and figure out what is going on in the hip so this doesn't
happen again if possible, that was the biggest potential health risk - the bodies response to an infection gone rampant.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Just reading this now. Sorry to hear of this surprising turn of events and also quite pleased to be hearing the news from you.

How are things now?

61 - 72 of 72 Posts