BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
i was very happy with the PILOT POWER 3s on rain this year, i did a lot of commuting, never had a single issue, plenty
of scary moments out on the road surrounded by blind cagers, but the rubber held true... i was impressed :thumbup

·
From N00bie to Wannabe
4,839 Posts
i was very happy with the PILOT POWER 3s on rain this year, i did a lot of commuting, never had a single issue, plenty
of scary moments out on the road surrounded by blind cagers, but the rubber held true... i was impressed :thumbup
Keep in mind it's new rider Q&A and he's on a 125 I don't think PP3's come in the OP's size. Great rubber though if they fit ones ride!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
All the tires suggested (except for the dirt-bike ones) are not available in my size.
Also, I figured I'll be selling the bike after the winter, and the tires would not add much value to it, so I'll stick to the stock tires and pray for the best.

·
From N00bie to Wannabe
4,839 Posts
You don't have to pray, ninjah. Just ease off the lean angles a bit, avoid painted lines and manhole covers and practice your braking. SMOOOOOOTH and easing off a bit is what will keep you out of trouble. Regular tires don't turn into super slips in the rain once the summer grease & oils are washed away.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Danke, 29 psi front - 33 psi rear
FASTn50, I figured, thanks! Trying my best not to lock the wheels, and downshifting before I enter the turn. My route to work includes going over the second narrows, and getting off at the second exit, that's the part where it gets fun because of having to make almost the full loop.

·
From N00bie to Wannabe
4,839 Posts
Danke, 29 psi front - 33 psi rear
FASTn50, I figured, thanks! Trying my best not to lock the wheels, and downshifting before I enter the turn. My route to work includes going over the second narrows, and getting off at the second exit, that's the part where it gets fun because of having to make almost the full loop.
If you are referring to the northbound exit that ends up heading west on Main; that's the corner that started all this motorcycle nonsense for me 45 years ago!
Of course; I never exceed the suggested speed limit! ;)
Keep to the inside tire rut (position 3). Oils and contaminates get flung towards the outside so the cleanest, best traction is available on the inside rut. There is no rut but hopefully; you get the picture.

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts
Those pressures sound high for a bike that small.

Don't forget the published pressure are assuming you're 2-up and a loaded to the max blazing at max speed. Dropping a pound or two

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts
Go out and buy a Michelin Vigil tire gauge. I got mine from Carter by Granville Island.

No batteries to run out and nice solid case to keep it safe.

It will work with the bike you have now and any bike you get in the future so it is a worthwhile investment.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts