BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just watching the news, our now infamous R1 299 video guy Randy Scott, just paid ICBC $13000 to get his licence back.

They never confirmed he got it either.

Soon to be back on the roads after all that's happend? Waddaya think of that?

You think ICBC still gives two shits about safety or more about profits?

·
Got Hammer?
5,552 Posts
You think ICBC still gives two shits about safety or more about profits?
I'm pretty sure it's up to the Superintendant of Motor Vehicles. $13,000 sounds punitive to me.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
and to peewee, what do you think? should he be crucified for doing something that maybe a few on this sportbike site have done? the only difference is he got caught and obviously doesn't know about times and places or cameras. he didn't hit anyone, kill anyone, all he was doing was speeding. we get pissed off at these 40 over laws and bitch and whine but when some guy gets caught speeding he's now satan? i'm sure his character will be brought up, which again, has nothing to do with his offense. anyone know what he ended up getting for his 299 ride? 13k seems steep to me.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
299kmh is not simply exceeding the speed limit.

This person is a fool, first for doing it and then providing the evidence against himself.

Clearly has no common sense and shows poor judgement in many aspects of his life.

No amount of money should get that license back.

Oddly, I feel getting anything out of such a character is a plus. I would have suspected that to him having or not having a license would make a difference.

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was more pissed off with all the heat he brought down on sport bike riders in gerneral.

Anyone with a blue bike was being harrassed, I recall one guy being pulled off his bike, simply went for fuel at the Chevron. Some citizen though he was gonna be on the news playing the hero.
Our buddy Scott was selling his blue 06 R1 on usedvictoria and came home to 3-400 hate emails in his inbox, clueless to what just happened (untill he saw the news).
I don't know where he got the money, nor is it my business, how many hong kong kids on this site alone have bucket loads of money as well to buy exotic cars and pay off fines that mean nothing? None of my business.

This isn't a first or second offence for this guy either SSB, it's almost his 30th offence. He'll be back out soon enough on another bike, maybe a littler smarter this time and keep it to himself, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
i get the heat part, we're an endangered species as it is. it's also no fun on the rock where there seems to be way more cops than over here per capita. fair enough, the guy gets your goat, usually those types take care of themselves sooner or later.

·
Bad Motherfucker
2,456 Posts
$13.000 is alot of scratch for Me.... deffo not walking around $$

·
Fookin Prawn
7,006 Posts
and to peewee, what do you think? should he be crucified for doing something that maybe a few on this sportbike site have done? the only difference is he got caught and obviously doesn't know about times and places or cameras. he didn't hit anyone, kill anyone, all he was doing was speeding. we get pissed off at these 40 over laws and bitch and whine but when some guy gets caught speeding he's now satan? i'm sure his character will be brought up, which again, has nothing to do with his offense. anyone know what he ended up getting for his 299 ride? 13k seems steep to me.
How many other people split lanes at "300", posted it publicly on FB and forums? I think that's slightly different than doing 120 on a highway by yourself.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
i'm sure his character will be brought up, which again, has nothing to do with his offense.
I'd say it's a statement of character to commit such an offence in the first place, not to mention the notoriety he seems to have earned.

It's not really accurate to say "all he was doing was speeding", his riding was reckless and dangerous to himself and others. That goes beyond having a bit of a rip at the right time and place.

·
backslider
11,214 Posts
'money, makes the world go 'round' ... and ... 'money (or the love of it) is the root of all evil'

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
I was more pissed off with all the heat he brought down on sport bike riders in gerneral.

Anyone with a blue bike was being harrassed, I recall one guy being pulled off his bike, simply went for fuel at the Chevron. Some citizen though he was gonna be on the news playing the hero.
Our buddy Scott was selling his blue 06 R1 on usedvictoria and came home to 3-400 hate emails in his inbox, clueless to what just happened (untill he saw the news).
I don't know where he got the money, nor is it my business, how many hong kong kids on this site alone have bucket loads of money as well to buy exotic cars and pay off fines that mean nothing? None of my business.

This isn't a first or second offence for this guy either SSB, it's almost his 30th offence. He'll be back out soon enough on another bike, maybe a littler smarter this time and keep it to himself, but I doubt it.

So you have a grudge against this a$$hat because of the stupid things he does that brings down heat on sport bike riders. But what about the dumba$$ stunts that you brag about and advocate?

Don't be a pussy, you see those pigs, crack that Tuono and leave the shitty Crown Vic in the weeds.
My only issuse are where do you go once you spot the oinkers? Here I can lose them in seconds, know plenty of people where I can stash my ride to. Not so much in WA,OR and Cali.
Only thing really good about the bike. It's fast enough to get a nasty ticket and too slow to do anything about it if pursued.
Running from the police, besides being cowardly, immature and showing the inability to accept consequences of one's own actions; brings down as much heat as Scott's act.

Maybe you have been joking in the dozens of posts where you advocate it. In that case it's just poor trolling.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Seems Like a good year of Track Daze/Racing 13K :) dudes a tool lane splitting at 160 is Just Fukin Asking For It .

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
How many other people split lanes at "300", posted it publicly on FB and forums? I think that's slightly different than doing 120 on a highway by yourself.
when i rode at speed gopro's didn't exist yet. i used to ride to work from van to burnaby going ludicrous speed on the highway, just never got the chance to film it. it's a sportbike site we're on, not a knitting site. these things can and do happen.

·
Fookin Prawn
7,006 Posts
when i rode at speed gopro's didn't exist yet. i used to ride to work from van to burnaby going ludicrous speed on the highway, just never got the chance to film it. it's a sportbike site we're on, not a knitting site. these things can and do happen.
I don't think he was on his way to work on Good Friday :laughing ...also he doesn't have a job.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts