BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

21 - 40 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
$13000 is a yearly wage for an employee on the Island in a bike shop .

Ghost rider videos sell like Hot Cakes , Randy videos ...not so much

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
It's more a sport-strom site I think. It should be renamed, it has less and less to do with sportbikes... and as the user base ages, it becomes even less so.

no, this place is still a sportbike site. just cuz you and a bunch of other high post counters are not riding them anymore doesn't mean you're the majority here.

·
Fookin Prawn
7,006 Posts
do either matter? separate the actions from the individual and you just have one habitual speeder. so what?
I get where you're going, most sportbike riders are no angels. But the hooligans that take things seriously at least are licensed and insured to be on the road, and when they do break the law they typically don't go around boasting about it online with proof, because this just feeds the stereotype and makes ALL riders look bad. If he didn't post the video, nothing would have happened, he would have had a "fun" ride, the end. But now every time motorcycles come up on the news, they are sure to include Randy's clip in the story every single time.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I get where you're going, most sportbike riders are no angels. But the hooligans that take things seriously at least are licensed and insured to be on the road, and when they do break the law they typically don't go around boasting about it online with proof, because this just feeds the stereotype and makes ALL riders look bad. If he didn't post the video, nothing would have happened, he would have had a "fun" ride, the end. But now every time motorcycles come up on the news, they are sure to include Randy's clip in the story every single time.

insured+licensed=not a hooligan......lol. i poach early season rips up westside all the time, but at least i had a dealer plate card and may have been able to convince them i was legit. anyways, moral of the story is to reserve the gopro(in my case a drift) footage for close friends at a secure viewing location and to store the files on a secret external hard drive hidden in your bunker.

·
Fookin Prawn
7,006 Posts
insured+licensed=not a hooligan......lol. i poach early season rips up westside all the time, but at least i had a dealer plate card and may have been able to convince them i was legit. anyways, moral of the story is to reserve the gopro(in my case a drift) footage for close friends at a secure viewing location and to store the files on a secret external hard drive hidden in your bunker.
We the tax payers already paid for his 2 months in the hospital after he wheelied his yellow R1 into a minivan in Kelowna...he doesn't even pay income tax let alone bike insurance.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
We the tax payers already paid for his 2 months in the hospital after he wheelied his yellow R1 into a minivan in Kelowna...he doesn't even pay income tax let alone bike insurance.

again you're spewing info that is irrelevant to speeding. i know lots of guys that don't pay income tax, yet earn 2-300k a year legit and i know lots of guys that do pay income tax, yet earn 2-300k a year non legit. do i give a shit about either's tax situation? nope. never mind some guy i don't even know. i thought the goal was to pay as little as possible in tax, whether it was money that was earned legally or not. if you think it's an honourable thing to give the government as much of your hard earned money as possible to boast about paying large sums of tax, well, good on you but i am strongly at odds with this line of thinking. tax payer=sucker in my mind, it's not something to brag about.

·
Fookin Prawn
7,006 Posts
again you're spewing info that is irrelevant to speeding. i know lots of guys that don't pay income tax, yet earn 2-300k a year legit and i know lots of guys that do pay income tax, yet earn 2-300k a year non legit. do i give a shit about either's tax situation? nope. never mind some guy i don't even know. i thought the goal was to pay as little as possible in tax, whether it was money that was earned legally or not. if you think it's an honourable thing to give the government as much of your hard earned money as possible to boast about paying large sums of tax, well, good on you but i am strongly at odds with this line of thinking. tax payer=sucker in my mind, it's not something to brag about.
There are people that contribute to society and those that don't. Randy isn't exactly just another innocent speeder.

·
Fookin Prawn
7,006 Posts
Also I'm not saying that I want to pay as much tax as possible, I'm saying I'm tired of fucking paying a high rate of tax because I'm effectively paying for the the delinquents that don't.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
There are people that contribute to society and those that don't. Randy isn't exactly just another innocent speeder.

look man, i get it. you loathe him. i don't know what your back story to hating him is but i hope it's based on more than just jealousy that he doesn't appear to pay tax. this is bc, there are a hell of a lot of people that don't pay tax, yet still pay a ton of tax using that untaxed money to buy large dollar items. get over it.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Also I'm not saying that I want to pay as much tax as possible, I'm saying I'm tired of fucking paying a high rate of tax because I'm effectively paying for the the delinquents that don't.

that line of thinking should be quickly followed by "how do i pay less tax?". seriously. there are numerous ways to avoid paying tax, i suggest talking to an accountant if you feel like you're paying over your fair share. or are you the kinda guy that keeps every nickel without spreading it around a bit even if the difference is a wash once tax considerations are taken into account?

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
lastly, i just don't like the hate on for another rider. people think i'm a grower but i'm not, never have been. i ride bikes and have other toys, and i love to use them to their fullest. should i live in fear that some guy like frosty is going to develop a personal vendetta against me just because he hates how i roll? it's bullshit. worry about yours and fuck everyone else, or continue getting in people's business and see where that lands you.

·
Fookin Prawn
7,006 Posts
lastly, i just don't like the hate on for another rider. people think i'm a grower but i'm not, never have been. i ride bikes and have other toys, and i love to use them to their fullest. should i live in fear that some guy like frosty is going to develop a personal vendetta against me just because he hates how i roll? it's bullshit. worry about yours and fuck everyone else, or continue getting in people's business and see where that lands you.
I don't really agree with the "just another rider" comment. I'm sorry but I don't paint all motorcyclists with the same brush. Just because you happen to be involved in the same hobby as I am in, doesn't mean we are now big buddies for life. I have no interest in hanging out or riding with Harley pirates who like to go to "biker bars" to have a bucket of beers and ride home for example, they ride too.

The guy put himself in the public spotlight. It's not like people are "getting into his business", go look at his wide open FB page if you want confirmation of that. He wants and loves the attention.

·
I like traffic cones :S
15,773 Posts
so how do i not pay tax or pay much less?

'cause all that extra moneyz would leave me a lot more for fuel and US trips :D

·
Resident Contrarian
634 Posts
I don't really agree with the "just another rider" comment. I'm sorry but I don't paint all motorcyclists with the same brush. Just because you happen to be involved in the same hobby as I am in, doesn't mean we are now big buddies for life. I have no interest in hanging out or riding with Harley pirates who like to go to "biker bars" to have a bucket of beers and ride home for example, they ride too.

The guy put himself in the public spotlight. It's not like people are "getting into his business", go look at his wide open FB page if you want confirmation of that. He wants and loves the attention.
100% agreed. Just because he's a 'fellow' biker doesn't mean he deserves any special consideration from me.

The guy seems like a degenerate who doesn't provide anything useful to society. There's absolutely no way he should have his license back, or at least restrict it so that he can't have a motorcycle endorsement for several years.

He could have very easily have killed someone and through sheer luck he didn't. At the speed he was going if someone made a lange change 100's of meters in front of him he wouldn't have been able to react. Who knows the damage he'll cause next time.

·
Fookin Prawn
7,006 Posts
100% agreed. Just because he's a 'fellow' biker doesn't mean he deserves any special consideration from me.

The guy seems like a degenerate who doesn't provide anything useful to society. There's absolutely no way he should have his license back, or at least restrict it so that he can't have a motorcycle endorsement for several years.

He could have very easily have killed someone and through sheer luck he didn't. At the speed he was going if someone made a lange change 100's of meters in front of him he wouldn't have been able to react. Who knows the damage he'll cause next time.
I don't really think getting the license back officially is going to really do anything, he didn't have one when the video was made...

21 - 40 of 126 Posts