BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be getting a chance to race in the canadian rally championships for the second half of this season and next season! :D A friend of mine is putting together an audi tt coupe rally car with full 6 point roll cage, race prepped, and we'd have to be wearing firesuits etc.. Its still in the building stage as he's getting all the sponsorships together but man this would be a great opportunity. ok so this isn't sportbike news but I think it connects with the type of people who buy sportbikes in the first place which is why I thought I'd share.

rally video

-arai-

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Oh man that would be sweet. For me it would be hard to choose between Rally racing and motorcycle racing... both look like so much fun. It would be the best experience I would imagine!

And people, downloading that video, it's a sweet 3 minute video of rally clips.

D

·
0 Posts
SWEET

Arai, f*$kin A! man,.. thats one sweet clip.. yeah I have been trying to talk a friend of mine to get into something like that for a looong time,.. you're gonna have a BLAST!

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
I think it would be awesome. I'd love to be able to rip into a corner and come out sideways....powersliding totally fun. I hope it works out for ya.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah it should be sweet. I should mention he's already got the car so it looks like its not to far out, he Got clarkdale audi to give him the car for promotional exchange. He's taken it in a couple light rallies so far and I've driven in it, oh such a sweet car :D If anyone sees the audi tt coupe thats been driving around all decaled up in rally sponsorship mode, thats the car

-arai-

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
atomlowe said:
I think it would be awesome. I'd love to be able to rip into a corner and come out sideways....powersliding totally fun. I hope it works out for ya.
you better slap some snow tires on your beater car, and have some fun in the snow before it's gone :) :p :D

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Canadian_Gixxer said:

you better slap some snow tires on your beater car, and have some fun in the snow before it's gone :) :p :D
It kinda hard to get the backend loose with a front wheel drive.....but then theres the e-brake:D .

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
arai.....would you be a driver or navigator? Are there any local races that can be watched or are they mostly in the east?

I'd also like to apply for a job as a test pilot:D .

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
for the first season I'll be co-driver/navigator. I think everyone wants to be in the driver seat but I'm looking forward to co-driver as well. Considering we'll be in a suped up audi tt and I wont really have to put anything into this as its all sponsorship driven I think its a pretty sweet deal. There are quite a few local races and 2 different kind of races. The tsd ones (time speed distance) are not the crazy driving stuff but allow people to get into rally racing. You basically get a set of instructions that you have to follow while keeping at a certain pace. If you arive at a checkpoint before/after you were supposed to you get a point for every second you were off. The stage rallying is the crazy roll cage firesuit races. Check out rallybc for local racing info

-arai-

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
atomlowe said:

It kinda hard to get the backend loose with a front wheel drive.....but then theres the e-brake:D .
Three words....... left foot braking

Much more control and you don't have to take your hands off the wheel. It's a touchy thing to learn but it's a standard rally trick for FWD cars. Basically it lets you use the gas to keep the front end going and you reach over with the left and lightly drag the brakes to help lock up the rear and set up a drift angle while keeping your foot on the gas to keep the front from doing the same thing. You go through pads quick if you do lots of this but in a competition car who cares.

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
you lucky dog! what i wouldn't do to get into rallying

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
here's some pics of the car :D

-arai-

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
that is sweet! which rally was that at?

B

·
0 Posts
You're gonna have a blast! What an opportunity! What kind of racing experience do you have?

oops...used my bro's account again. This is N.A honda

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
there is a guy at my school who drives a 90-91 awd talon turbo which has been converted into a rally car.... one day his car is all nice and clean, then a few weeks later I see it again and the whole passenger side is banged upped pretty good :eek :eek

I would love to go along as during a rally run, drifting is hella fun....

·
Registered
872 Posts
ive been considering running in solo autox lately after my current racecar mustang is finished (only 2 months and $5000 more to go !!!)

im either going to build up another coupe mustang, or build up a project datsun 510

very cheap and cool way to get into turning style racing....

(and no, the current mustang wont make a good autoX car... 700 horsepower and tight turns dont mix!:eek

1 - 20 of 29 Posts