BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might be getting a chance to race in the canadian rally championships for the second half of this season and next season! :D A friend of mine is putting together an audi tt coupe rally car with full 6 point roll cage, race prepped, and we'd have to be wearing firesuits etc.. Its still in the building stage as he's getting all the sponsorships together but man this would be a great opportunity. ok so this isn't sportbike news but I think it connects with the type of people who buy sportbikes in the first place which is why I thought I'd share.

rally video

-arai-

· Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah it should be sweet. I should mention he's already got the car so it looks like its not to far out, he Got clarkdale audi to give him the car for promotional exchange. He's taken it in a couple light rallies so far and I've driven in it, oh such a sweet car :D If anyone sees the audi tt coupe thats been driving around all decaled up in rally sponsorship mode, thats the car

-arai-

· Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
for the first season I'll be co-driver/navigator. I think everyone wants to be in the driver seat but I'm looking forward to co-driver as well. Considering we'll be in a suped up audi tt and I wont really have to put anything into this as its all sponsorship driven I think its a pretty sweet deal. There are quite a few local races and 2 different kind of races. The tsd ones (time speed distance) are not the crazy driving stuff but allow people to get into rally racing. You basically get a set of instructions that you have to follow while keeping at a certain pace. If you arive at a checkpoint before/after you were supposed to you get a point for every second you were off. The stage rallying is the crazy roll cage firesuit races. Check out rallybc for local racing info

-arai-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.