· Registered
879 Posts
AlphaQ said:
whoa!
this rules!
how do you get into this thing?
what sorta car do you need?
-d
its the guys out at boundary bay... they have acourse they set up with pilons, and a bunch of people compete in different classes for the fastest times, this includes street tire classes, race tire classes, limited suspension mods, and heavily modified etc etc

its more about how well you can drive than the car.. apparently chevettes run really hard at those events being light weight with rear wheel drive.

http://www.vcmc.ca/ check out this link for local autox events, there is one coming up soon I believe

· Super Moderator
5,158 Posts
jonathan said:
ive been considering running in solo autox lately after my current racecar mustang is finished (only 2 months and $5000 more to go !!!)

im either going to build up another coupe mustang, or build up a project datsun 510

very cheap and cool way to get into turning style racing....

(and no, the current mustang wont make a good autoX car... 700 horsepower and tight turns dont mix!:eek
what you need is a MR2 :) awesome drifting cars.... mmmm.... mr2 turbo, mmmmmm :) throw some snow tires on, and they are a blast to drift in the snow :) :tredmill

· Resident Banana
2,747 Posts
BMatthews said:

Three words....... left foot braking

Tell ya the truth Bruce, I don't think my car could handle me doing that to it:laughing . I'm just lucky I drive it for only 4 months a year:) .

jonathan said:
im either going to build up another coupe mustang, or build up a project datsun 510
do the 510 man. I've been looking for years for something decent to come along. I'd still love to have one or even and mini cooper. Nothing like having a street legal go-kart:D .

atom

· Registered
3,819 Posts
Ryan R said:
Lloyd has a turbo subaru impreza, what are we doing, lets get started. :D
I'd love to prep and enter it in a rally, but it's my transportation, man. If I slide it into a crowd of spectators, I'll have to ride to work in the rain. Not to mention the damage to the spectators.

· ignorance + apathy
287 Posts
atomlowe said:

I'd still love to have one or even and mini cooper. Nothing like having a street legal go-kart:D .
Atom,
how about this one ... cooper S engine, momo steering/shift, Yokohama A008 ... belonged to my brother.

You are totally right, it does feel like driving a go-kart on the street ...

· Premium Member
11,210 Posts
Mmmmmmmmm Mini......

These are SO much fun to drive. I only got to drive a regular one once but there were a few Cooper S's in the sports car club at the time I was sedan racing. The owner's all walked around with smiles on their faces and at least a couple of bulges in their pants after an AutoX run..... They often set fastest time for stock classes irrespective of size too.

For any of you that want to try autoX'ing there are quite a few clubs in the lower mainland doing this. All you need is a car and your motorcycle helmet. And a willingness to use your tires up at a faster than normal rate while generating adrenaline..... :D

And Lloyd, about that rally conversion to your car...... Who says you're gonna know anything about it while you're away :D The "Heart of Darkness" is taking place sometime this summer guys...... Let's get planning..... right, so who knows how to read a map? (looking out into a sea of puzzled faces) Awwww, ferget it.......

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.