BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

ICBC finally gave the go ahead to fix my bike after my hit and run. Can anyone recommend a shop to fix my bike? Damage includes: brake lever, fairings, scratched pipe, bar-ends, etc.

Thanks!

·
The Wizard
2,743 Posts
Rycon said:
Hi guys,

ICBC finally gave the go ahead to fix my bike after my hit and run. Can anyone recommend a shop to fix my bike? Damage includes: brake lever, fairings, scratched pipe, bar-ends, etc.

Thanks!
If it's your suzuki, I would go to a Suzuki dealer. Other shops can likely do the claim, but it just seems like the right thing to do.

·
What we play is life.
730 Posts
Yeah, I'd stick with authorized dealer, and DO NOT sign any paperwork until you are completely satisfied with the repairs.

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
Burnaby Kawasaki rules.

But if you want to take it to a Suzuki dealer, I would say that North Shore takes the prize.

·
The Wizard
2,743 Posts
BK did my ICBC claim, I was very happy with the service they gave me.

·
Why not
541 Posts
gixxer_76 said:
What a DUMBASS thing to say. Let sleeping dogs lie my man.
You're right, they did their time.

You can either cross your fingers that they won't do it again or not go there. Your choice, but once your shit gets lifted remember how tough you were on the internet calling people names ;)

·
Posing with conviction
5,396 Posts
gixxer_76 said:
What a DUMBASS thing to say. Let sleeping dogs lie my man.
Initially my reaction was the same however the person asking for the advice may not know about "that which shall not be mentioned".

To most of the regulars reading this it is old tired, don't bring it up or I will hit you, kind of news. But Rycon may not know. He should be at least forewarned.

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
Bring it in we'll get tons of aftermarket stuff thrown in on ICBC claims for you. ICBC let's us customize bikes if it's the same price as OEM. Or you can keep it stock but that's never happened yet.

·
damn broken leg!!!!!!!
1,610 Posts
heisenberg9 said:
Initially my reaction was the same however the person asking for the advice may not know about "that which shall not be mentioned".

To most of the regulars reading this it is old tired, don't bring it up or I will hit you, kind of news. But Rycon may not know. He should be at least forewarned.
I don't think you can find a used bike/parts dealer that hasn't/doesn't sell stolen stuff. That includes EACH AND EVERY ONE in the lower mainland. Enough roasting the ONE that was caught. Enough is enough.

That is all. I hope.

S

·
0 Posts
gixxer_76 said:
I don't think you can find a used bike/parts dealer that hasn't/doesn't sell stolen stuff. That includes EACH AND EVERY ONE in the lower mainland. Enough roasting the ONE that was caught. Enough is enough.

That is all. I hope.

that was a dumb thing to say.

·
damn broken leg!!!!!!!
1,610 Posts
If every shop can account for each and every used part they have sold, then I stand corrected. I think that would be a tall order. Not everyone that walks in the door to sell stuff is necessarily as honest as the fellow buying it. I did not mention intent on the shops part. Anyway, enough of this.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts