BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bike's due for a regular maintenance tune up and i was wondering if there was any shop/mechanic you guys would recommend? should i take it to a yamaha dealership or would they charge more for the same work as any other shop?:confused

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I don't have 'a' mechanic, but from speaking to Ron at BK he basically convinced me that I'm bringin' my bike there for major services. Try 'em.

My first service for my R6 though I just brought to Pacific Yamaha, completely forget how much it cost me.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also trust the guys at BK. Manny and Ron are both great guys and they're honest about what they do. Tell them you were recommended to them by guys on this site too! They definately know their stuff and it never hurts to just chat with them about what they think your bike needs. If you don't like what you hear or the price, than you haven't lost anything.
I'm a little biased though 'cause i've purchased both my Kawis and all my stuff from BK.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
BK all the way...... Ron or Manny 604-525-9393, although Ryan also has mentioned 5th gear and some other folks recommended Imperial, but since they moved and got bigger we are getting mixed signals....have you tried the Yamaha delearship in Langley, Western Powersports or motorsports...on Highway 10 right across Holeshot, O'Hara's and next to Supersport...got like 5 dealerships in that are....

I know some of the folks at Westwood do their bike work at the Yahama on highway 10 in Langley so they must be decent....they support WMRC and a whole lot of other groups and race as well....nice accessories for Yami's there as well, Adam.

But I always got to BK for everything, and they do quite a lot of other bike brands as well....

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys...everyone seems to talk a lot about BK...i've never tried them but i guess i will now...i suppose i can trust my yammy with kawi guys:D

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
This is my vote to you for Burnaby Kawasaki. I've been talking to these guys for the past few months and not paying them a cent. They'll take the time just to chat and answer any questions that you have. In the end, I felt that they had spent so damn much time on the phone and in person answering every queery that they deserve all of my business.

Even if I can get a better deal from Maple Ridge or whatever, I still feel like I owe it to these guys for all the effort that they've put into satisfying my motorcycle needs.

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
No doubt! I'm with you guys all the way. After visiting most of the larger dealerships in town...now I always go to Burnaby Kawasaki exclusively. Both Manny and Ron definately know what they're talking about. I try to convince everyone to go there. It's not their knowledge and stuff that keeps bringing me back...but the overall customer service I receive there...from Trevor and Bryan too.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I've never had a bad experience from BK in sales or service but I'd be tempted to take it to a Yamaha shop. I like Pacific for parts but I can't recommend them for sales:2up or service:1up

I'll probably take the RC to Imperial for a major service as they've got lots of experience on Ducatis. Ducati owners along with BMW owners are know for their pickiness. Plus they have one guy who used to work on the Britten team.

5th Gear is good but I don't know how experienced they are on R6s. Had my V-Max serviced with them and no complaints.

I will never go back to Richmond Motorsports for sales or service.

Modern is good if you don't mind dealing with Murray.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
geez...tahnks guys...i should show this thread to the guys at BK...with this big love-fest for them maybe i can get a discount:laughing :laughing

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
Hey Dirtybill!

Is this the same Dirtybill from the Cycleworld forums??? Good seeing you buddy!

·
Registered
332 Posts
They are a little shop behind imperial st, in burnaby, i don't really know the address, and its kinda hard to find it if you never been there before... But i deal with John, the mechanic, and i just trust him with my bike. I think Dahlton goes there too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts