BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
=======
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, I have a question.

How many kms do you guys ride until you refuel?

I ran out of gas a couple of times when I first started riding my ninja.

I usually fill up at 150kms...

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
My ZX7R goes about 200km on the main tank. It was getting great mileage this weekend though, about 19km per litre. So that means roughly 250km on the main tank.

-dn

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
I usually just go hit the gas station when I hit 150kms. I don't know at how many kms it hits the reserve though.(?)

A

·
0 Posts
My fuel light usually starts blinking around 180km,so I gas up around 200km.Sooner if ridden hard:p .........ken.

M

·
0 Posts
I've been getting right around 200km city riding on my ZX-6R. It tends to start sputtering only when I'm in heavy traffic going over Second Narrows bridge. Plus the RESERVE knob is kinda hard to get to without taking your eyes off the road. Did I answer a question here? Oh yeah, usually around 200km before I hit reserve and hit the gas station.

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
Much like the others, the reserve light tells me when to pull in. It varies between 150 and 190 km before this happens, then I just pull in to the next convenient gas station. :)

G

·
0 Posts
My light started to blink on my '96 GSXR-750 after around 160 km. But I am not a praticularly light on the throttle, go for fuel mileage type. Gotta love that acceleration!!!!!

D

·
0 Posts
i can go at least 230kms before needing a fillup. reserve cranks up at about 170ish

X

·
0 Posts
200km +- 5Km - when the reserve light comes on (never varies). Although I just switched octane level + have to reevaluate.. might be 210-215k now per fuel up.

M

·
0 Posts
Yesterday I did the sea to sky and got 236km on my '01 f4i. I even had more than a liter left. I thing the reserve comes on way to early cause I can run on empty for quite awhile. Check how much fuel you are putting in when you refil too.

·
=======
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey thanks guys, ill see you on the roads :D

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
So has anybody seen differences in Gas mileage when changing octane? I just switched to 87 or 89 octane at BK's advice. It doesn't knock so its just as good as the 94 I've been putting in as far as I'm concerned. I think I get better gas mileage with lower octane gas.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I get on average about 190-200km before the gas light comes on and have driven 50k with the light on. Usually put in about 13-14 liters if I buy gas when the light comes on, which leaves about 4 liters in reserve for my R1.

T

·
0 Posts
2000 ZX-6R. I generally hit reserve with about 240km on the clock.

On Saturday, on a very spirited ride, she started sputtering wiht the odometer reading 244km. When that happens I still have 4 liters of fuel left. When I gassed up 25km later (I was that far from an form of gas station) I only had to put in 15.3 liters, so I still had a fairly good margin.

She consistantly gets this mileage...and I have tracked it over the past 14,000km.

B

·
0 Posts
in the city, i 've gotten as low as 175kms on my 2002 Zx6R but i've also gotten as much as 250 before hitting reserve. I use 94 Chevron but on my trip i used whatever i could find, usually 91 or 92 and think i got better mileage. I fill up around 175-200 just to be safe.

M

·
0 Posts
Sewman said:
So has anybody seen differences in Gas mileage when changing octane? I just switched to 87 or 89 octane at BK's advice. It doesn't knock so its just as good as the 94 I've been putting in as far as I'm concerned. I think I get better gas mileage with lower octane gas.
I just switched from 94 to 92 and get better fuel economy. I will try 89 soon see how much more I get.

·
Slow
271 Posts
- 18 liter tank
- no reserve switch
- don't trust the light
- use my SINGLE trip meter as my fuel guage
- ODO at 31,000 kms
- stock jetting (may soon change - I think it's a little lean down low)

- 89 gives 300 kms before engine stops
- 94 gives 260 kms before engine stops

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
i've been pulling 340 lately with 87 octane. not sure how much more I have left, but i'm sure I could hit 350 if I tried. this is all city riding mind you. the warning light usually comes on at 290-300kms, but now 310-320kms as of late.

18L tank on the 2k1 gixxer600

1 - 20 of 22 Posts