BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever think about wanting this mod done? I need a volunteer that wants 2 things. the first is that they want a T-2200 alarm, and the second is that they want to be able to pop open their seat with their alarm remote.

We have a user forum on our website,

www.talonalarms.com/INSTALL/

Its really empty right now and I want to fill it up with usefull stuff. I just finished a garage door opener mod where the alarm's remote will open your garage door and will have this posted sometime this upcoming week. Now I would like to work on a seat release mod. I figure the hardware to do it will cost about 23-30 bucks and my labour is free.

Anyone interested in donating their bike?

The finished garage door opener mod is shown below. Build tally cost.... about $8. Alls you need is a sacrifical remote, put it and some other special junk into a magic black box, connect the magic black box to the alarm, and voila you have an opener. The Talon Alarm remote is TINY compared to the other clunker.

·
Formerly kanelupis
5,252 Posts
well, that'd be really cool - and I'd volunteer, but I don't know if you'd like to try it on a fzr 250.... anndd.. I don't have money for an alarm....

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
PM sent.

The question I have is can you have the trunk opener and the garage door opener? And can it get me a beer before I dismount the bike?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
flowrider said:
PM sent.

The question I have is can you have the trunk opener and the garage door opener? And can it get me a beer before I dismount the bike?
I will have to look into the beer giver. But only one mod can be done to an alarm as there is only one output. I have many other ideas to try but will start at the most attractive ones first. One I have in the back of my mind is that by pressing the remote button, you will activate 4 way flashers on the bike so if you are broken down on the side of the road you can turn on your 'hazard' lights.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
J1k said:
goldwings have that now for the trunk.remoted.
Yep, so if you add a Talon alarm, you can do away with both remotes and just need to pack the alarm remote around. Any GL series would be the easiest to perform this mod to.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am interested in an alarm. Remotely opening my seat/trunk would be an excellent idea for my ride. I was looking at the T-2200 webpage the other day and the remote trunk opening sounded really intriguing.

I offer up my Suzuki Burgrman 650 scooter if you don't already have enough volunteers.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Can you set it up for the rear seat? And give it some real good power so I can launch my passenger off?

Ryan

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gawd said:
Can you set it up for the rear seat? And give it some real good power so I can launch my passenger off?

Ryan
Where theres a will, theres a way!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I have 3 solid offers. I'm heading out for the actuators now. I'm gonna pick up a few of them since it seems there will be continued demand for them

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Pretty cool innovations! :thumbup

·
V Lister
4,277 Posts
that would look cool on a bike with a hinged rear seat. ie 929, or 954, as they are already springloaded.

·
(newbie)
333 Posts
there should definetly be some safety mechanism that wont allow the seat to disengadge unless the big is not running or something. I would be worried about the button being accidentally pressed whil riding with a passenger.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Having just had my bike stolen ; I'd definately be interested when I get my new bike.

The integrated garage door opener also sounds realy cool

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ordered everyone that Staub had in stock. 3! Costs was a little more then i had guessed but its $30 + tax.

Its the autoloc actuator pictured here.

http://www.truckcustomizers.com/products/-DM-MM/K4ALC132.2C.html

Should have them by thurs-friday.

Does anyone know the website for KMS tools automotive division? I heard that they recently opened this up and also carry the autoloc brand.

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
an alarm with an integrated garage door opener is an excellent idea for minimizing components.

are there any limitations of garage door opener types that it would work with?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts