BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
You'd be surprised
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought an '07 KTM Superduke and it came with Akrapovic Evolution slip-ons (see pictures). The slip-ons have the baffles installed and so it isn't very loud. I want to take them out so I can get that real beautiful V-twin sound, but have no idea how.

I already tried removing the screw from below the carbon tips and using needle-nose pliers to pull them out, that didn't work. Do I need to drill out the rivets and pop the whole tip right off first? Or am I missing something completely?

anyone done this before?

·
You'd be surprised
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Dutch,

Only thing is that this guy actually modified the baffles to make a different sound. I just want to remove them entirely so the pipes have no silencers in them. His entry in that forum doesn't explain how to do that...

·
Registered
112 Posts
From what I've read they should just come out as you described. If you still have problems ask on that forum. I have different pipes on mine where the baffels are infront of the muffler.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
if you just bought it,ask if there is a update to re flash or program the ecu.or a performance one they offer from ktm.i cant remember if it was your model recalled or not.

·
You'd be surprised
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got the baffles out! apparently there was a screw, then a tack weld that needed to be loosened. after that they slid out nice and easy. thanks for the info

J1K, mine has a power commander III in it, not sure if i need to get it tuned, or adjusted, but so far the bike performs great!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts