BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Polish Princess
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok,
So this wasn't as easy as we thought it would be. we booked the gsx-r 750 and the cbr600rr. the clutch went on the gixxer so they offered up an r6. fine no problem. then when we came to get them, the r6 was there but they had to give the honda to some other guy who rented a bike and broke it. GREAT... i get to ride some bike after a guy that didn't know what the hell he was doing. Not only that, bu he was over an hour late dropping it off. hence the time to write this post.

when you look online it seems like there are many places to rent sportbikes... but when you get here they only have harley's and don't want to rent out sportbikes anymore. WTF? Oh, and they gave us the bikes with basically no air in the front tire and 10psi in the rear tire...hahaha. the breaks were all wonky too. the bikes are fairly new but 29000 miles on them with very little maintenance is making me a little sketched out.

hopefully the rides will make up for the inconvinience.

Aloha

to be continued...........

·
Polish Princess
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
it's 179 for 1 day, 379 for 3days, and 690 for a week. I am getting a really shitty feeling that we are going to get screwed over in the end.

i'd posts pics of the bikes but i don't know how :S

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts
Sounds like they aren't doing well with the upkeep of the bikes, that to me poses a safety concern. I wouldnt even get on a bike that had a flat front and almost flat rear, life is too short already. If the tires are kept as such (which are right out in the open), what else is wrong with the bike?

·
Fuelled by rice
4,473 Posts
you would think that they would only rent to ppl with a proper license. I guess money talks though

·
Heavy User
1,374 Posts
Yeah that's a little to sketchy. We looked into renting bikes in Thailand but the rental places told us if anything broke while we were riding that we would have to cover the cost of repairs.

Things could be worse...you could be back at home with the wet and cold weather.

·
Swivel on it
11,659 Posts
no air in the tires = walk away. If they can't even keep air pressure in the tires, that's a great show of the maintenance they put into the bikes.

·
Registered
271 Posts
i was in thailand on the road to pattaya..... 3 sportbikes roar past my cage.... oooo~ so jealous, can't wait to get bak lol

·
Why not
541 Posts
i was in thailand on the road to pattaya..... 3 sportbikes roar past my cage.... oooo~ so jealous, can't wait to get bak lol
There's only one reason to go to Pataya...

I had a bike pretty much all of my 2 months in Thailand. Much of the time it was the 125cc speed demons, but it was nice to be on two wheels in the weather there.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
^^^ if you are having fun riding your bikes at pattaya, you seriously need to get out of thailand... there aer much better things to ride there...

·
Heavy User
1,374 Posts
^ those other things you can ride in Thailand are more dangerous then bikes with 10 psi in the tires.^ Lady Boys what!?!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts