BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm repairing some scratches on my fairing and gouges on my fairing and I'm wondering where I can buy some polyester putty to place over problem areas?

I'm not too sure if regular glazing putty that you can buy at Canadian tire will work.. I don't want to do this and have it fall apart in a year’s time since I will be paying to have my fairings re-painted afterwards.

What’s your guys thoughts?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Just curious, how are you doing the repainting of the scratches? Touchup or are you painting the whole fairing? I'm trying to decide how best to repair some of my scratches from a recent lowside

·
Will wheelie 4 boobs!
950 Posts
Scratches are like scars, and chicks dig scars.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
how deep? when i did mine last i sanded, high build primer, sand, primer, sand, primer until everything was smooth then basecoat/clearcoat.

·
Ridin hard n dirty
4,080 Posts
go to fiber tex or industrial plastics and get "farring filler" it is a flexable 2 part epoxy that goes on like bondo then you just sand it down and it sticks to plastics and fiberglass...and stays flexable...so when the parts wiggle the repair wont pop out..

·
Registered
87 Posts
For cracks and big gouges which need strength, i used Plastex, for just shallow gouges and scratches, if you dont want to sand and feather them out, go to Lordco or Napa and ask for Evercoat flexible filler, part number 100411. You cant just use regular autobody filler, or putty, since your plastic fairings need to flex to be installed. Regular filler will just crack

1 - 13 of 13 Posts