BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
rain? whats that!
5,834 Posts
^ think ahead 50 years and it might

I dunno, the last thing I imagine myself doing at 65 is nothing, assuming im still generally active able and healthy.

·
Mortgage Pimp
9,195 Posts
Retiring is for suckers. People usually die right after they retire or they live for another 20-30 years doing shit all with no money.

·
Got Hammer?
5,552 Posts
Will have a job I could do till then provided I'm not senile. Some are predicting that the life expectancy of this generation will be less than before. My feeling is that while medicine has the promise of prolonging life, I haven't seen much with it's structure where advances will prolong productive life. I'm willing to bet that any changes we may see will be from changing of our social and workplace structures, or good old economic neccessity.

·
I'm back
1,947 Posts
I don't think I'll ever retire I'd be to bored.

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
Everyday drunk at 11AM on a barstool at 65, complaining about how the kids today don't know shit.

·
Woodrat
152 Posts
There was an article in the Sun last week about how much expertise retires from the work force each year. The cost of retraining is outrageous so they are talking about keeping people on as consultants and other such positions so as to maintain productivity.

It will be hard to keep older folks chained to their oar till 85. there will be lots more ambulance visits to the workplace. Where I work now Ken the owner still does planning and makes the major decisions as to the direction of the company. He's 85. When I see him I cant imagine myself in a fulltime job when I'm his age , wont happen. Gotta keep busy but not that busy.

This whole retirment age thing is just a way for the govt to continue profiting from us and make sure that they dont have to pay out. Had a friend die last year he was 92 , lived at home except for the last few weeks. He was retired longer than I've been in the workforce. The govt doesnt like that. Go for self employment. Work as much or as little as you want, for as long as you want

1 - 19 of 19 Posts