BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Rode CDG's GSXR 750 with the reverse shifting on the Duffy. Fuckin' hated it. Only mod I ever hated. Mashed his gearbox numerous times. He did not know until this day: that's like 4 bikes ago now, hahaha.

Never riding one of those again.

·
Premium Member
9,052 Posts
I wheelied your ZX10rrrrrrrr all the way up to Pemberton and back, and slammed the front end down 100 times 'cause I have no clue how to wheelie lol

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Just something of note, when I got my new bike from HRC years ago, it came delivered in GP shift. It is something they note in the owners manual as well.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
GP shifting would be fun to try. On a little bike till the brain got trained. I'm thinking of when I went clipless on a bicycle. That took a bit to get used to and not without a couple of close calls.

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
I was just thinking. It's best application might be on a bait bike. Watch the perpetrator take off in second gear, get up to speed then shift into
what they think is second - only to have tachometer go to the moon as it his first. Best without a slipper clutch for the locked wheel effect.

Bet that bike gets left behind in a hurry.
:laughing

funny, i never even bothered checking for the response.. if a train falls in the forest, theory. :laughing

its flip the lever down instead of up, not rocket science.. :flip

·
Registered
1 Posts
Years ago there was a lot of variation with shift and brake on different sides and different gear directions -- then:-

"The Code of Federal Regulations in the United States defines that the left will be used for shifting and that if there are more than two gears on the motorcycle the pushing the shifter down will take you to a lower gear:
An upward motion of the operator’s toe shifts transmission toward lower numerical gear ratios (commonly referred to as ‘‘higher gears’’), and a downward motion toward higher numerical gear ratios (commonly referred to as ‘‘lower gears’’). If three or more gears are provided it shall not be possible to shift from the highest gear directly to the lowest gear, or vice versa.
Citation
Title 49 (Transportation) Section 571.123 - Standard No. 123; Motorcycle controls and displays."

I guess many countries have similar but it would only take one big one to do it for all the manufacturers to follow.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts