BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of the Sticky Threads were started as far back as 2003 and some haven't had any changes for many years. How about a review of this old stuff. Even if it may have even a bit of relevance, much of it is just common knowledge and doesn't need to be carved in stone for us to scroll past every time we visit BCSB. It just accentuates the staleness of the forum.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Nobody cares, cause no one uses this forum anymore.
No one logs in and posts, but lots of site visitors. I just checked and there were 120 visitors, and 2 logged in users (lol).
It's like a junior high school dance, everyone goes, but no one wants to be first on the dance floor.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One of the worst problems is the careless and disrespectful hijacking of threads.

·
Administrator
316 Posts
Some of the Sticky Threads were started as far back as 2003 and some haven't had any changes for many years. How about a review of this old stuff. Even if it may have even a bit of relevance, much of it is just common knowledge and doesn't need to be carved in stone for us to scroll past every time we visit BCSB. It just accentuates the staleness of the forum.
Hey there,

Which threads are you speaking of specifically?
I can bring this to the mod team and see if they have input as well.

Thank you,

Richard.

·
Registered Luser
2,115 Posts
fuck that. one of the worst problems was catering to whiners. see that resurrected thread from 2003 or whenever. bcsb was founded on disrespectful thread hijacking. all that helpful tech stuff and friendly ride organization was a sideshow at best.

anyway, ya sticky threads, deck chairs, titanic - Bloorp.

·
Happiness is the corner
2,031 Posts
*insert tumbleweed here*

What locals?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,863 Posts
No one logs in and posts, but lots of site visitors. I just checked and there were 120 visitors, and 2 logged in users (lol).
It's like a junior high school dance, everyone goes, but no one wants to be first on the dance floor.
Those visitors numbers are almost always bots scanning the forum pages for data.

·
Registered
18,863 Posts
One of the worst problems is the careless and disrespectful hijacking of threads.
"Bcsb was founded on disrespectful thread hijacking. all that helpful tech stuff and friendly ride organization was a sideshow at best." - sAdam

Truer words have not been spoken. This forum was best when there was some really good ass crackery going on.

·
Administrator
316 Posts
Hi-

Could you link some of these stickies that you are referring to so we can discuss them with the mods?

Dayle

·
Registered
69 Posts
"Bcsb was founded on disrespectful thread hijacking. all that helpful tech stuff and friendly ride organization was a sideshow at best." - sAdam

Truer words have not been spoken. This forum was best when there was some really good ass crackery going on.
It used to be a lot of fun on here. Then some newbies started showing up and decided that in order to contribute they had to take things in a different direction and a different level. The good old joking around became replaced by personal attacks to which the easily led members joined in, a true mob mentality.*

I can recall having a rip roaring mud slinging arguement with another prominent member. Unbeknownst to everyone else was that this chap and myself were PM'ing each other and laughing our butts off.

I have made friends with people who lived at the other corner of the province, ridden to their homes, met their families and spent the next week with them as we strafed the roads of eastern Washington. I still count them as friends.*

It would be nice to return to those days but it takes an effort by all. You can easily whine and cry about how this is place is dead since the new owners took over. Yup, it's changed. Nope, not in a good way. But there is still information to be had and to impart. Like my da used to say, "Work or whine, the choice is yours."

·
Registered
6,180 Posts
Yea, that'd probably be all the people who got locked out by the password fiasco. It's not that they're just choosing to not log in and post....they can't. And no one like starting from scratch with a new forum "persona".

Ownership killed this forum.
Can't say whether ownership killed this forum or not. I will say that the password fiasco did start the exodus, and then the bizzare technical fiasco of missing, re-appearing, then vanishing entries, and complete threads, made most feel it was a total waste of time to even bother typing anything. The blog entries of Gene and his wife travelling the world is a perfect example. He just gave up on BC Sportbikes, after complete entries disappeared. I don't blame him. There's been no explanation of what, or why it happened, whether we can expect more of it to happen, so most the old regulars just said fuck it.

I miss the old sparring with others too. The soul of this forum is dead.

·
Administrator
316 Posts
If you know of any users who can't get back online because of the password fiasco, please tell them to use the Contact Us button at the bottom the page. In the early days of it, that option was backlogged a good deal but now you will typically get a response much faster.

Also, I'm not really allowed to be snarky :( We don't mind it though!

And if there are some example stickies that you think could stand to be removed send them our way and we will take a look and talk it over with the mods.

Kevin

1 - 16 of 16 Posts