BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

241 - 254 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
I do want to join track days, but everyone said that it's not greatest idea for a brand new rider. Wait a season and get some skills before attempting it, and thats the plan for now :)
I don't know who told you this but I strongly disagree. Last year was my first season and I went for my first session at Pitt Meadows with only a few thousand kilometers experience. It was the perfect time to do it. It was the first time I felt totally safe on my bike. I experienced lots of firsts that day. First time I hit the stop on my throttle, first time I hit redline, first time really experiencing lean angle at any kind of speed, also the first time I locked up my rear brake. All of this was incredibly confidence inspiring and a hell of a lot of fun. I highly recommend it. I was a much better rider at the end of the day.

·
just having fun
4,007 Posts
cvrle1, not sure what your point is. you don't want to join any of the newbie (or other) rides yet you know exactly what's been happening on them. you want to learn? - as many already mentioned, take a course. you are not doing any good coming on here and posting stuff about things that you 'heard'. if you go on a ride and you don't like what you see, you don't have to be there. take off. don't expect others to hold your hand. if you do get some help, that's just a bonus. and believe me there are a lot of ppl that are willing to help but not if you start with whining and complaining.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
I don't know who told you this but I strongly disagree. Last year was my first season and I went for my first session at Pitt Meadows with only a few thousand kilometers experience. It was the perfect time to do it. It was the first time I felt totally safe on my bike. I experienced lots of firsts that day. First time I hit the stop on my throttle, first time I hit redline, first time really experiencing lean angle at any kind of speed, also the first time I locked up my rear brake. All of this was incredibly confidence inspiring and a hell of a lot of fun. I highly recommend it. I was a much better rider at the end of the day.
Good to know. Thanks for the info. I am planning on doing a bunch of courses and track days, but do need a bit more experience under my belt before I venture that way.

·
Lee RideFar
5,463 Posts
cvrle1, on May 20th come out to the Pitt Meadows Track day to observe, not ride. You'll see just how well setup it is for beginners and what a great social scene it is.

If after attending you think it is still over your head or too dangerous for newbies you might want to consider giving up riding. I am not trying to be a douche, just trying to illustrate just how important and effective a day at Pitt Meadows is.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
cvrle1, on May 20th come out to the Pitt Meadows Track day to observe, not ride. You'll see just how well setup it is for beginners and what a great social scene it is.

If after attending you think it is still over your head or too dangerous for newbies you might want to consider giving up riding. I am not trying to be a douche, just trying to illustrate just how important and effective a day at Pitt Meadows is.

Good idea. For some reason never thought about going and watching (yes I know, I'm an idiot lol)

·
Original Pirate Material
1,071 Posts
Better yet, get there early in the morning, observe, and chat with lots of the friendly folks who will be there. Leaves you a window to sign up for the afternoon session, which, I suspect you will after seeing how much fun the whole thing is. As such, come fully kitted up and bring some food, water, and simple tools.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Last year they even let you go out for one session for only $20 to try it out. Then you had the option of paying for the rest of the day or half day. Which I assume everyone would do once they got a taste. Definitely come out in the morning, you'll be on the track after lunch.

·
Formerly kanelupis
5,252 Posts
13 years ago, I'd still be 7 years from being born.

Reminiscing on old threads before this place goes the way of an old gold-rush mining town?

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
I dont know if it will go that way. As mentioned many times now, if nothing else, there is a lot of great info on here that is useful. Case in point this thread.

There may not be too many new threads of use, but people will still come and roam around for gold.

241 - 254 of 254 Posts