BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
I just rode down 152 30 minutes ago and saw all the lights past Highway 10 so I hung a right.I hope it's not one of the donut guys.

N

·
0 Posts
It didn't look good. I can up on the scene just after. Bike and Van. Witnesses say speed on the bike had most to do with it. Helmet was cracked in half and crews were doing CPR as they loaded him. I hope he makes it.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Sad.....condolences to the family.

This is a very disturbing trend for Surrey.

·
Ibiza (never again)......
375 Posts
I must have just missed it as well.

Ride In Peace brother.

O

·
0 Posts
Does anyone remember stopping at 152 & 10 hwy south bound and having another rider or friend with you at that intersection, then when you turned right into the gas station that same rider continued south on 152?

·
Lee RideFar
5,463 Posts
Organ Donor said:
Does anyone remember stopping at 152 & 10 hwy south bound and having another rider or friend with you at that intersection, then when you turned right into the gas station that same rider continued south on 152?
:eek
holy shit! I do remember. He rode along side Cam, then Cam turned in and he kept going. That was probably him. That is a little too close for comfort...

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
elevation said:
:eek
holy shit! I do remember. He rode along side Cam, then Cam turned in and he kept going. That was probably him. That is a little too close for comfort...
That's not close.

That's like saying I was only 5 numbers away on the lotto 649.

It's sad to see someone die. But reality is we're all going to die it's just who goes first and in what order. Which you have no control of anyway. So why worry about it.

·
BADUNKADUNK
1,408 Posts
RIP Rider. I hate seeing these threads, hopefully they make us all more aware when we're out on the road.

·
Doesn't register
968 Posts
Off news1130 site:

Surrey mounties cautioning drivers after deadly motorcycle crash
April 06, 2006 - 3:05 pm
By: Nikki Pena

Surrey mounties are looking into a motorcycle crash that killed a 41 year old man. It happened last night on 152nd and Colebrook Road. Police say the man on the motorcycle slammed into the back end of a car then skidded off to the side of the road. Witnesses say the man died on the street. Police are now reminding drivers with the warmer weather, you'll be seeing more motorcycles on the road. They say the bikes can be difficult to see in traffic at times.

R.I.P. Rider.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Edited: Next post clears up my confusion.

Ryan

·
Doesn't register
968 Posts
Off RCMP Media Relations site [bold emphasis mine]:

Apr 6th, 2006 - 11:44:55 AM File #Surrey 2006-40842

Fatal Collision 152nd St & Colebrook Road
April 06, 2006

Surrey: Last evening at approximately 6:10 PM, Surrey RCMP responded to a complaint of a two vehicle collision at the intersection of 152nd St & Colebrook Road (just south of Hwy #10).

A motorcycle proceeding south on 152nd St from Hwy #10, collided with a van pulling out from a stop sign at Colebrook Road.. The motorcyclist struck the rear quarter panel of the vehicle and then skidded off to one side.

Motorists on scene attended to the victim who appears to have died of his injuries prior to the arrival of emergency services.

The name of the 41-year-old male victim who is a Surrey resident is being withheld pending notification of next of kin and further police investigation.

With the advent of warmer weather, motorists are reminded to keep in mind that there will be an increasing number of motorcyclists on our roadways. Motorcycles can be difficult to see in traffic. Please ensure you take the time to thoroughly check for all traffic before proceeding from stop signs, red lights, etc.

Motorcyclists are also reminded that they need to be cautious. Often times motorcyclists - with instant power at their fingertips - excessive speeds are easily attained however with that comes the inability to react & stop quickly.

-----

Ride defensively peeps. If it looks like they might/could, they likely will...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts