1 - 20 of 53 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Surrey RCMP asking for witnesses to motorcycle crash
September 12, 2005 - 2:11 pm
By: Nikki Pena
It's not standard, but in this case it may have saved his life. Surrey RCMP say a man involved in a high speed crash around 12:30 this morning was only wearing a skull cap and not a motorcycle helmet. The man was taking a curve near 160th and 104th avenue when he lost control and went off the road. He was rushed to hospital where he remains unconscious in serious condition. He didn't have any

identification on him at the time. Police are asking anyone with information about the man to come forward. He's described as white, about 40 years old with a medium build.

CONTACT INFO:
Surrey RCMP Detachment
14355 57th Ave., Surrey, BC
604-599-0502

·
Registered
391 Posts
rubberhead said:
I could very well be wrong, but... if the cops can't id him through the lic plate, can we assume that the bike is stolen??

Tsk tsk. such a cynical attitude. You know, it's negative thoughts like this that cause disharmony in the world. So what if the bike is stolen? We should, nonetheless, be concerned regarding our fellow human being, even tho he is a rotten, fucking scumbag who should burn in hell for the next 20 years. And then be audited by Revenue Canada.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I identified a crash involving one of us here on BCSB all because of an excellent bike description in a rider down thread.A description of the bike would help.

·
Registered
391 Posts
rubberhead said:
No, no, no, the concern is there, honest, I want world peace. I just want to know who owns the bike... evidently, it's not the rider...
Ah, so we are worried about the bike, not the rider? I can accept that.... :roflmao

·
Registered
391 Posts
thundergod said:
I identified a crash involving one of us here on BCSB all because of an excellent bike description in a rider down thread.A description of the bike would help.
Wouldn't a skullcap type helmet indicate that it isn't a sportbike, but rather a cruiser type? Although I have seen some skullcap riders on sportbikes...

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hadar said:
Wouldn't a skullcap type helmet indicate that it isn't a sportbike, but rather a cruiser type? Although I have seen some skullcap riders on sportbikes...

You're very perceptive I vote you to take over the investigation.

·
More than meets the eye
1,327 Posts
thundergod said:
No kidding, I guess they are hoping for a "missing" person type report to come in...

·
Its quiet in here!
524 Posts
Hadar said:

Ironic this thread. I saw a Sportbiker with a beanie type helmet the other day.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what saved his life? what wasn't standard?

more and more sportbike stunnas are going open face/beanies... because of what they see in the states.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
rubberhead said:
I could very well be wrong, but... if the cops can't id him through the lic plate, can we assume that the bike is stolen??
For sure, we're not getting the whole story here.
"my friend borrowed my bike but now that he crashed it, I'll report it stolen so I can get a better one"

·
Registered
371 Posts
rubberhead said:
No, no, no, the concern is there, honest, I want world peace. I just want to know who owns the bike... evidently, it's not the rider...
They may have an ID from the plate...but with no ID on him they may not be able to officially confirm it unless they could get a hold of family or someone calls looking for him. They could look up the DL I suppose...but that picture alone may not be enough to confirm his ID...I don't look much like my picture anymore either.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Ummmm.....it could be as simple as the bike not having any plate on it. If he was riding late at night then it could be one of those custom HD dealies to fancy for a license plate holder. Just a thought.

·
Registered
275 Posts
It was in the Province this morning. A 2004 yamaha sport bike. I can't remember for sure but I think they said an R1
Hope that helps

·
Registered
65 Posts
the newf said:
It was in the Province this morning. A 2004 yamaha sport bike. I can't remember for sure but I think they said an R1
Hope that helps
Ive seen a guy riing around my place at granville island. Was a 2004 R1 black and grey guy was wearing a chrome skull cap

·
Registered Abuser
1,017 Posts
the newf said:
Hope that helps
It was in the Province this morning. No mention of what model or type of bike, just "2004 black Yamaha". There was also a second bike spotted leaving the scene. No description of the second bike. The plot thickens.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.