BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:surrender

Silver Kawi (I think?) down just south of Boston Bar at around 3.45 pm this afternoon. Didn't look too serious, but since there were more than enough helpers/looky-loos, we didn't stop. It looked like he was part of a small (3-4 bike) group heading north. Was on a long straight stretch, and didn't appear to be other vehicles involved. If anyone knows the condition of the rider, and what happened, please post up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
I am okay, road rash on lower back from my jacket riding up. Tail bag went into my back tire and locked it up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,614 Posts
Never heard of that one before. That has to be one of those one-in-a-million chance occurrences.
:(
 

·
Lee RideFar
Joined
·
5,463 Posts
Coming back from SBW our group of seven was passing a semi and car. All of the sudden the Semi came half way into the oncoming lane. An explosion of wood an debris filled the air and we all got nailed with it. I immediately hid under my windscreen. I took something in the front fairing and knocked a bolt out, Jody took something in the arm (she is fine), and Jess got the worst of it. A chunk of wood hit her straight in the helmut and ruined it. It's dented, and the visor is useless. Jess was shaken but ok. After some creative use of some duct tape we were able to be on our way. We were all extremely lucky to get out of that incident with just one ruined helmut.
 

·
Gear Driven Cams
Joined
·
4,411 Posts
Dutch said:
I am okay, road rash on lower back from my jacket riding up. Tail bag went into my back tire and locked it up.
As someone who frequently rides with things strapped to my back seat, i'm interested in more info... What kind of bag? How was it attached? Did it slide around to the side and into the wheel, or flip over the back?

Strange. But i'm glad you're ok (and the ladies coming back from SBW, too... :).
 

·
What we play is life.
Joined
·
730 Posts
elevation said:
Coming back from SBW our group of seven was passing a semi and car. All of the sudden the Semi came half way into the oncoming lane. An explosion of wood an debris filled the air and we all got nailed with it. I immediately hid under my windscreen. I took something in the front fairing and knocked a bolt out, Jody took something in the arm (she is fine), and Jess got the worst of it. A chunk of wood hit her straight in the helmut and ruined it. It's dented, and the visor is useless. Jess was shaken but ok. After some creative use of some duct tape we were able to be on our way. We were all extremely lucky to get out of that incident with just one ruined helmut.
Wow, glad none of you were wearing those beanie helmets. Curious if ICBC would cover all your damages.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,578 Posts
elevation said:
Coming back from SBW our group of seven was passing a semi and car. All of the sudden the Semi came half way into the oncoming lane. An explosion of wood an debris filled the air and we all got nailed with it. I immediately hid under my windscreen. I took something in the front fairing and knocked a bolt out, Jody took something in the arm (she is fine), and Jess got the worst of it. A chunk of wood hit her straight in the helmut and ruined it. It's dented, and the visor is useless. Jess was shaken but ok. After some creative use of some duct tape we were able to be on our way. We were all extremely lucky to get out of that incident with just one ruined
helmut.
:eek Wow! Sorry to hear this. On my return from SBW I had dinner w/ friends and one of them had passed the same accident earlier in her car. She described a nasty scene and I'd said "that would be a f*n nightmare if bikes were anywhere near the semi." I'm glad you're all okay. We don't need one less rider to toss into the pool on sunny afternoons. :p

:( As for the rider down in the canyon: Dude, I truly sympathize. A loose tank bra sent me into a concrete barrier 2 years ago. Spectacular low-speed crash really... I wrote off my bike and spent 6 weeks in frankenboots and wrist-splints. :rolleyes Alike the semi-chasers, um glad you're -relatively speeking- okay. ;)

:drinkbeer
 

·
100% Asshole
Joined
·
3,394 Posts
SpideRider said:
Never heard of that one before. That has to be one of those one-in-a-million chance occurrences.
:(
Happens more than u think, make sure those straps are done properly with good anchor points, my buddie had a tail bag strap come loose and wrap around his rear tire at 90mph, that was one long skid and then his tire blew and knocked him to the ground, lucky he wasn't hurt too bad.
 

·
User And Abuser
Joined
·
3,912 Posts
sorry to hear about the mishap. glad your ok.

Jess , Jody, and Lee....dam close call...glad your all ok. did the semi stop? get a plate number, hopefully Jess can get a new helmut from the idiot behind the wheel of the semi.
 

·
Mmm...beer
Joined
·
2,144 Posts
Glad to hear you're ok man, could have been alot worse.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What a relief to hear of a relatively good outcome! Too many rider down threads don't end happily. Heal up fast!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
The tail bag was attached with bungee cords, you can see in the first picture whats left of it. There was a 350foot skid and I slid a 140 feet after that, so I was quite lucky. Make sure you wear you gear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
WOW!!! Everybody wear your gear....Great pictures by the way! Glad to hear you're okay Dutch after that freak accident. Jess, Jody, and Lee....Another freak accident and everybody walked away. It's nice to hear these happy endings with all the bad news floating around lately!
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top