BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Devil's Advocate
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spotted a black/purple zx9r partially exploded on the side of the road in langley.. oh wait, its mine.

Nevermind.

Guess I can join CG in the 'Haters of trucks that drop water" club, and head up the "especially when its chilly enough in the morning to freeze" division.

Props to the guy in front of me who stopped, gave me all his info, called it in and witnessed the fact that there was black ice on the bridge, even though it doesn't matter in ICBC's eyes.

B

·
0 Posts
that really bites man,i hope you made out better than the bike!good luck with icbc.

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Mr. Murphy said:
I spotted a black/purple zx9r partially exploded on the side of the road in langley.. oh wait, its mine.

Nevermind.

Guess I can join CG in the 'Haters of trucks that drop water" club, and head up the "especially when its chilly enough in the morning to freeze" division.

Props to the guy in front of me who stopped, gave me all his info, called it in and witnessed the fact that there was black ice on the bridge, even though it doesn't matter in ICBC's eyes.
that sucks :( stupid trucks that drop water :( Oh well, part of motorcycling, things on 2 wheels like to fall over....

so the bike is a total loss? or you just kidding when you said it "exploded on the side of the road"??

details man, details...

·
Devil's Advocate
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nothing but ego damage here, little rash on my leathers (left arm/hip).

Bike didn't completely explode.. the front end tucked on the slick spot, dropped on the left side and slid into the rear bumper of a white safari. The front assembly/cowling is busted, left side fairing rashed, clutch cover broke open and dumped oil, no idea on internals/forks etc. Seemed to roll fine when I walked it off the road.

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Damn Chad, that really sucks. Glad to hear your okay though man. Where abouts did this happen?

At least you have the entire winter to fix it if thats anything positive.

·
Devil's Advocate
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah :(.. Jason, its a deal.

Happened on the 200st. bridge.. there's lots of construction around there for the new bypass so there's been a lot of dirt/water/whatever around for at least a month. Just so happened today was my unlucky day.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Mr. Murphy said:
Yeah :(.. Jason, its a deal.

Happened on the 200st. bridge.. there's lots of construction around there for the new bypass so there's been a lot of dirt/water/whatever around for at least a month. Just so happened today was my unlucky day.
that's like 2 mins. from my place and 5 mins. from DKR :D

you guys coming out to Joey's tomorrow ? i think I am going to skip my tax class tomorrow night.....

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Hope ICBC doesn't break it off in ya.
Glad to hear you're physically okay.
Cheers,
Jason

·
ignorance + apathy
286 Posts
That sucks !!!
Sorry to hear your accident :( ... but at least you are OK.

·
Je ne suis pas Francais
3,398 Posts
at least it happenned at the end of the year , glad you're Ok Chad

1 - 20 of 23 Posts