1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rider down in Vancouver!!

I hope rider is ok it's a yellow 600rr.
I was coming from north van. I exit
Highway 1 to Hastings and its just on top of the tunnel.
It looks like a SUV hit the guy. :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

·
Been riding since 1985
1,609 Posts
No more. Please no more rider down. :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown

·
V Lister
4,277 Posts
i've said this before. and i'll remind you guys again. make that decision for the cages, don't rely upon them to see you. if you see any sign of hesitation in their movements, or second guessing, make sure you have an escape plan. i have been riding since 1983, and i have never seen so many accidents or fatalities, until these last few years.. ride fully aware , and in control at all times

·
Registered
515 Posts
and always try to wear your gear too, I've been seeing too many squids downtown these past couple of weeks while driving at work......especially down W.4th.

·
Its always a race
705 Posts
Glen I am sure you can support me on this.
But as bus drivers we are taught to drive for other drivers out there, and we are driving a 40 foot bus. We have to watch out for other drivers and always have an escape plan. So if we do this while on a 5 foot bike it will save lives out there. Always have an out and drive for other people in there cars!!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Sandman said:
But as bus drivers we are taught to drive for other drivers out there, and we are driving a 40 foot bus. We have to watch out for other drivers and always have an escape plan. So if we do this while on a 5 foot bike it will save lives out there. Always have an out and drive for other people in there cars!!

Well said :thumbup

D

·
0 Posts
BLADERUNNER 954 said:
i've said this before. and i'll remind you guys again. make that decision for the cages, don't rely upon them to see you. if you see any sign of hesitation in their movements, or second guessing, make sure you have an escape plan. i have been riding since 1983, and i have never seen so many accidents or fatalities, until these last few years.. ride fully aware , and in control at all times
Yes, Yes, Yes!.
Always have an escape Plan, Be Fully Aware, & Good Luck To The Rider.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I drove past that accident right after it happened. There were untied running shoes and a ripped up t-shirt in the middle of the carnage. I hope all are ok.

·
Mmmm Bikes!!
42 Posts
I guess I was about 15 min behind rgm. Looked bad big pool of blo.. Anyway I asked a cop on the seen and he said it was none fatal. He had no other info.

Whoever you are Good Luck!

·
rawr.
231 Posts
Sandman said:
Ditto on that. I'm not a driver, but I play one on... er, I mean, I was raised by transit employees (my mom drove for 18 years, now she's in the control room, her husband is a road supervisor.)

The nice thing about buses is that if they hit someone, even if it was the other guys fault, if it was "avoidable" they get written up. Most of them don't want to risk their performance record because some jackass hit them when they weren't paying attention, even if it's the jackasses fault.

So, that particular "Don't get hit, even if it's not your fault" attitude was instilled in me at an early age. A good attitude to have while riding, methinks. :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts