BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone else see this wreck? I was coming west at about 3pm sunday. Eastbound hwy. was closed completely. Couldn't see what kind of bike. Black sportbike. There were no cars near it. Bike and a bloody tarp in the middle of the hwy. 5 ft. apart. It looked like a lot of blood, went by too quick to see a body. Didn't look promising for the rider.

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts
Yikes, never a good thing seeing the bloody tarp. I too heard about the closure, but no direct details on the rider's condition.

·
Shiftless clutcher
2,738 Posts
Was this it?

From the Hope Standard:
"Saturday afternoon, at Texas Lake, between Hope and Yale. According to police, a Fraser Valley Traffic Services member patrolling in the area when the officer attempted to “make a U-turn to stop a passing violator.” According to Steve Hiscoe, media relations for the RCMP, the officer was “halfway through the turn” when the “police vehicle was struck from behind”. One of the two occupants aboard the motorcycle received a broken leg in the crash. The crash continues to be under investigation."

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
The Standard you're reading came out last week, before the accident.
Here's the RCMP press release, dated today:

May 1st, 2006 - 08:39:44 AM File #Fraser Valley Traffic Services 2006-14625

Motorcyle collision shuts down Hwy

Fraser Valley Traffic Services
Hope, BC

On April 30th 2006 at about 11:45 in the morning members of the Fraser Valley Traffic Services attended to the area of the Hwy 1 and Hwy 3 interchange. A 51 year old Vancouver male who was driving a motorcycle collided with a dump and a travel trailer. The motorcyclist was thrown from the bike and suffered extensive injuries to his left leg. He was taken to Fraser Canyon Hospital for stabilization and later air lifted to Royal Columbian Hospital in New Westminister.

Traffic was delayed for several hours while police examined the scene. The investigation remains ongoing at this time.

With the warm weather there will be more motorcycles on the road. Motorists and Motorcyclists should take extra caution on the road. Please exercise patience when driving in heavy traffic.

·
Shiftless clutcher
2,738 Posts
Thanks, I was obviously mixing up dates. It's scary, though, that there were two serious bike crashes in the same area only a few days apart...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Some kid in one of my classes was talking about this earlier today. I didn't want to believe what he had said, "Yeah...Some guy on a black ninja collided with a semi, by the looks of it there was nothing left of the guy." So I had it best to find out what really happend. I guess what he said was half true.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
crash

Yeah, when I passed by going the other way, the other cars were already gone I guess. I couldn't figure out what happened. There was a lot of blood on the road and the bike didn't look too bashed. There was a tarp on the road, but it didn't look like anyone was under it.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
a good friend goes down

I cant beleive everyone ridong bikes still. It has been almost two years since my almost death experience with a jeep and my 2001 blackbird. Its just to dangerous. I thought after a truck cut me off and i almost lost my life the only way i would ride agina is on the highway bt it seems this is not even safe. my friends name is dave. He is 51 and he is a very very good man that loves his life. I have riden with him before. I believe he has been ridoing for over 30yrs. He is holding onto life still and I HOPE EVERYONE WHO RIDES WILL STOP RIDING THOSE INSANLY FAST BIKES ON THE ROAD' GET ON THE TRACK. SINCE RIDNG ON THE STREET ONLY THREE YEARS AGO I HAVE MET A LOT OF GREAT PEOPLE WHO ENJOY RIDING BUT OF THOSE PEOPLE I HAVE KNOWN PERSONALLY FIVE THAT HAVE DESEASED. was it there fault, was it the other drivers fault. I dont wish to here about it again. I JUST WISH ICBC WOULD RAISE ALL THE RATES ACROOS THE BOARD. Anything over a 400 cc bike should cost 300% more and for every extra 100 cc the owner should pay and exztra $50 per month. speed is cool buit only on the track

PLEASE DRIVE SAFE

PS I am a very god friend of the fellow who was in the accident and from what i heard he was only going approx 50km per hour comeing onto the free way from an offramp.

Please send lost of prayers and positive thoughts to our fallin friend his wife and 9 year old son.

·
thump.
232 Posts
Sorry to hear about your friend.

How did his accident occur? Usually its pretty safe entering the freeway. ANy details on what happened? Maybe the details will save someone else later on.

I don't think people should give something they like up because its dangerous though.

·
Ride Solo
4,214 Posts
I don't wish to minimize what has happened to your friend, or the tragedy that accompanies every loss of life......but it seems to me the very thing you are advocating in the name of safety--eliminating the "big" bikes from the street-- would have done nothing to help your friend.

I hope that your friend has a successful recovery.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
butcher90 said:
I JUST WISH ICBC WOULD RAISE ALL THE RATES ACROOS THE BOARD.
Thank you, but I don't need a nanny. If I want to risk my life, that's MY CHOICE. That's part of being a mature adult.

If you really want to have a positive impact, try more education about motorcycles for cage drivers.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
butcher90 said:
I cant beleive everyone ridong bikes still. It has been almost two years since my almost death experience with a jeep and my 2001 blackbird. Its just to dangerous. I thought after a truck cut me off and i almost lost my life the only way i would ride agina is on the highway bt it seems this is not even safe. my friends name is dave. He is 51 and he is a very very good man that loves his life. I have riden with him before. I believe he has been ridoing for over 30yrs. He is holding onto life still and I HOPE EVERYONE WHO RIDES WILL STOP RIDING THOSE INSANLY FAST BIKES ON THE ROAD' GET ON THE TRACK. SINCE RIDNG ON THE STREET ONLY THREE YEARS AGO I HAVE MET A LOT OF GREAT PEOPLE WHO ENJOY RIDING BUT OF THOSE PEOPLE I HAVE KNOWN PERSONALLY FIVE THAT HAVE DESEASED. was it there fault, was it the other drivers fault. I dont wish to here about it again. I JUST WISH ICBC WOULD RAISE ALL THE RATES ACROOS THE BOARD. Anything over a 400 cc bike should cost 300% more and for every extra 100 cc the owner should pay and exztra $50 per month. speed is cool buit only on the track

PLEASE DRIVE SAFE

PS I am a very god friend of the fellow who was in the accident and from what i heard he was only going approx 50km per hour comeing onto the free way from an offramp.

Please send lost of prayers and positive thoughts to our fallin friend his wife and 9 year old son.
i truly hope your friend pulls through and has my prayers.

but please don't preach to us here on this forum. it is not why we are here. from the sounds of this incident, the type of bike has NOTHING to do with the accident, and just because you have had a bad experience riding motorcycles does not mean we will suddenly stop riding.

if you crash often, then your rates should go up. on a bike or a car. period.

·
New chain...Soo smooth...
930 Posts
I JUST WISH ICBC WOULD RAISE ALL THE RATES ACROOS THE BOARD. Anything over a 400 cc bike should cost 300% more and for every extra 100 cc the owner should pay and exztra $50 per month.
Ummm.... No.

Your own PS negates your argument.

PLEASE DRIVE SAFE
About the best advice you can offer.

·
"Experience" THX Rogger.
1,043 Posts
butcher90 said:
I JUST WISH ICBC WOULD RAISE ALL THE RATES ACROOS THE BOARD. Anything over a 400 cc bike should cost 300% more and for every extra 100 cc the owner should pay and exztra $50 per month.
You sound like a spokesmen for ICBC. I bet they would love to up their rates. Oh wait they just did.

Sucks to hear about your friend. But the only thing is, no matter whether you are on a 1000cc bike or a 250cc bike, if you bail at 100km its still the same on any bike. I understand there is a huge difference between how fast you'll get to that 100km but its all the same.

·
Banned
569 Posts
ZoomaFoo said:
Was this it?

From the Hope Standard:
"Saturday afternoon, at Texas Lake, between Hope and Yale. According to police, a Fraser Valley Traffic Services member patrolling in the area when the officer attempted to “make a U-turn to stop a passing violator.” According to Steve Hiscoe, media relations for the RCMP, the officer was “halfway through the turn” when the “police vehicle was struck from behind”. One of the two occupants aboard the motorcycle received a broken leg in the crash. The crash continues to be under investigation."
Goddamn fuckin cops. Their behavior is outrageous when it comes to traffic enforcement. Bunch of dangerous boneheads risking the public (and their) lives over a freakin speeding ticket! In the past couple of years I know of:

1) The two cops that collided trying to hand out a speeding ticket ( 2 written off cars, two seriously injured cops, and one walked away)
2) The dead cop in Squamish that U-Turned in front of a bus a few years ago.
3) The cop in Coquitlam last month that lasered a speeding car and jumped in front of it getting himself smoked.
4) The above quoted U-Turn and crash from Hope.
5) The kids that were killed in Kamloops in about 1996 by a cruiser doing 140++ following a "suspected drunk driver) with no lights and siren.

When are people going to get fed up with this underreported foolishness????

Their

·
Gear Driven Cams
4,411 Posts
butcher90 said:
I cant beleive everyone ridong bikes still. It has been almost two years since my almost death experience with a jeep and my 2001 blackbird. Its just to dangerous.
I'm surprised you're still following a sportbike forum if you decided two years ago that it was too dangerous to ride on the streets.

·
Registered
913 Posts
butcher90 said:
I wish ICBC would raise cager rates by 300% and an extra $50 bucks per month for every cylinder over 4. That way more people would take public transit and less vehicles on the road for me to ride my bike.

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
Cop Catcher said:
Goddamn fuckin cops. Their behavior is outrageous when it comes to traffic enforcement. Bunch of dangerous boneheads risking the public (and their) lives over a freakin speeding ticket! In the past couple of years I know of:

1) The two cops that collided trying to hand out a speeding ticket ( 2 written off cars, two seriously injured cops, and one walked away)
2) The dead cop in Squamish that U-Turned in front of a bus a few years ago.
3) The cop in Coquitlam last month that lasered a speeding car and jumped in front of it getting himself smoked.
4) The above quoted U-Turn and crash from Hope.
5) The kids that were killed in Kamloops in about 1996 by a cruiser doing 140++ following a "suspected drunk driver) with no lights and siren.

When are people going to get fed up with this underreported foolishness????

Their

I gotta agree with you on this. Last year two guys going up to the Triumph shindig in Nelson cruising at 130 KPH about 10 KM past Keremeos got radared by a cop coming in the opposite direction. How does the cop stop them? By coming at them head on in their lane!!!

It's not that I hate cops, I just feel better when they're not around.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts