BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know not to many of us ride this time of year. but I do. so what its cold thats what a heated vest and grips are for. so what it rains, its vancouver learn to ride in it cuz it rains all the damn time.

well 4th and burrard, some dick head cut out infront of me. lay the bike down and took some pretty nasty bangs in it all. there goes my perfect riding record lol.

so i guess this is my friendly heads up. be careful. the phrase, in the words of the guy who cut me off "i didn't see you" is all to common. hope the winter season is finding everyone else in better spirits

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
sorry to hear, man :( glad you're here to type it up, though

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Good thing you're in one piece :thumbup

Its dangerous enough on a bike and with all the stressed out people this time of year and heavy traffic not suprising.

I usually ride year round, this is my first Dec. not riding in a while. . .

·
Posing with conviction
5,397 Posts
I did most of my Christmas shopping on a bike to avoid the traffic jams. Saved a lot of time but I did have some close encounters with dickheads in cars. Good to hear you made it out in one piece.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I hope it works out for you with insurance and the bike since you seem relatively okay. I have noticed that drivers are more impatient and aggresive than usual right now before Christmas.

·
Excommunicated
567 Posts
Glad to hear you're ok man.

·
BC Riders.net
1,061 Posts
Atleast the guy stopped. And he didn't even blame you for it!
Good to hear you're okay.

·
Swivel on it
11,659 Posts
good to hear you're ok. Just learn the lesson that sometimes it 100% the car at fault, sometimes it's 100% the rider at fault, but most of the time, there's something both people could have done to avoid the accident. Sucks to drop the bike though - had my first accident last week so i know how ya feel. Hope you had frame sliders :)

·
Black on black crime
873 Posts
Damn Ted, sorry to hear that! Hope you heal up quick, and that ICBC is nice, it is Christmas! Hope to go riding with you again next year, maybe this time we will make it past Chilliwack.

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts
Glad to hear you're ok. Wouldnt have been nice to spend Christmas in the hospital.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts