BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
:) you'll live longer
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone whose been across the border in the past few months tell me how it's like nowadays? I know enough that i need my license(of course), birth certificate, insurance papers, but is there anything else to bring/ know?

I'm planning on riding down there tomrw morning

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
If you were born here, and your white (Sadly enough), then really all you need is your Birth Certificate. I find if your not white (my wife and family), then they'll hassle you for more documentation. Drivers license, passport and birth certificate.

It's not as bad as it was going back 6 months ago, but it's still no fun.

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
What adamantium said. I have been across a few time this month, and a DL and birth certificate OR passport is just fine. I cannot say what is required for non-whites as I am white. :)

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
I'm brown...they won't let me across no matter how much documentation I bring...last time a brought a video tape of my mother giving birth to me, at Lions Gate Hospital...still not enough. Doesn't help that I've got explosives hidden under my seat though.

:rider

Oh I'm tired...I'm so glad it's Friday....

T

·
0 Posts
Bring your passport, or a driver's license with an original or certified original birth certificate. If you cross the border frequently (I've crossed it 16 times in the past 3 months), as soon as it's available, sign up for the new Nexus program, which avoids long border waits. I previously was on the PACE (U.S.) and CanPass (Canada) programs, but September 11 made those history. You can get information about the new program at www.getpace.com (and, on another web site, I discovered it will be $50 U.S./$80 CDN, good for 5 years).

Listen to CKWX 1130 AM -- online at www.news1130.com -- as they announce the border waits. Sometimes -- and I emphasize SOMETIMES -- the waits are much less at Pacific Highway (truck) crossing, but are often "minimal" at Aldergrove (Route 1 east to Route 13 south) -- it takes 15 minutes longer to get there from Downtown than to Peace Arch, but beats sitting in line for an hour -- which isn't the best thing for a bike to do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts