BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are you guys using for riding boots and about how much was the cost?

·
Jackie Chan's stuntdouble
1,535 Posts
I have a pair of Joe Rocket boots, they cost something like $200. They are comfortable and waterproof, but have little ankle protection. I want to replace them with a pair of Alpinestars SMX+ boots.

C

·
0 Posts
StarskyAndHutch said:
I have a pair of Joe Rocket boots, they cost something like $200. They are comfortable and waterproof, but have little ankle protection. I want to replace them with a pair of Alpinestars SMX+ boots.
where did u get it from???... i need a pair too...

anyone know any deals on boots right now???

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I got my boots from RMS and they are Alpine stars SMX. They were 429 with tax. I got the blue/white ones.

·
glowing ghostie!
3,112 Posts
StarskyAndHutch, are your boots the Joe Rocket Rhinos?

I have a pair, bought from Burnaby Kawi two years ago. Waterproof and comfortable to walk around in, but they feel a bit vulnerable, espeically when I see others wearing boots with armour.

Joe Rocket does not seem to make that model any more.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I ordered the Sidi Vert2's for $320CDN through a Group Purchase on SBN.

Should be arriving late April.

·
1,535 Posts
Yes, I think they are the Rhino boots I got them from Daytona a couple of years ago. I think you are right about them not being made anymore.

I could sell them to CBR600F2 though, once I get my Alpinestars... :laughing

Carter Honda is going to have a sale on next weekend (I think). I don't know what they may have on sale, or how good the deals will be.

·
1,535 Posts
I like the Verts2, but they don't fit my feet well. The SMX+ have internal speed-laces, so they can adapt better to oddly proportioned feet.

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
adamantium said:

PLEASE tell me they aren't blue/black boots:laughing

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
adamantium said:

you won't regret getting the Sidi Vert2, i love the pair i got

·
California dreamin'
2,440 Posts
thr1 said:
what are you guys using for riding boots and about how much was the cost?
Imperial has (had?) Joe Rocket Revolution boots on sale for $229 a couple of weeks ago (regular $279). I think these replaced the Rhino boots in their line-up, which is the type of boots I have. They're (supposedly) waterproof but are not armoured. I bought a pair for my brother and he likes them. Mind you, he doesn't ride as hard as some of the characters on this website apparently do. (Nor do I for that matter.) For what it's worth I'm thinking of upgrading to armoured boots next winter (when I can hopefully get a deal).

B

·
0 Posts
i got the Styl Martins from BK too and they are great. Armored where you need and simple looking ,so that i can wear them with jeans and look normal.

C

·
0 Posts
big sale @ carter next weekend??... do u mean this COMING weekend the 13th or next next weekend???....

B

·
0 Posts
I have a pair of sidi vertebra's that I got from a guy for $100 hardly used. so light and so comfortable. I would recommend them to anyone.

G

·
0 Posts
I've got a pair of Tecknic Violator's (sp)
Got them at the bike show in 2000 for $240.
Like them a lot, would like to get a newer model
of the same boot but they are quite a bit more than
what I paid for them now. In Kelowna they wanted
$380+taxes I think.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts