BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Veritas Aequitas
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
riding boots question

:confused are riding boots supposed to go under or over your leathers? or are there both styles maybe?

my pants zip right close to my leg, and i tried on some boots the other day that did the same... hmm??

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
They're supposed to go over your boots for the most part; at least the racing boots are this way. Of course a lot of HD riders and such all wear they're boots inside there jeans.

G

·
0 Posts
My boots go over top of my leathers, if you watch any bike racing you'll see they all wear their gear the same way.

·
Veritas Aequitas
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx guys, that's what i thought!
just threw me off when i tried on those boots and they were tight to my leg.

too bad though, coulda got a STEAL of a deal!
oh well, just gotta keep looking.

·
Registered
634 Posts
adamantium said:
They're supposed to go over your boots for the most part; at least the racing boots are this way. Of course a lot of HD riders and such all wear they're boots inside there jeans.
whazzzaa? racing boots go over your leathers not under. at least I dont think I've seen it the other way around before.

·
Registered
725 Posts
they go over your leathers although i have heard that some companies now are making leathers that can go over your books

·
Veritas Aequitas
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kit said:
they go over your leathers although i have heard that some companies now are making leathers that can go over your books
i'm not too sure how good that'd work, over the boots..
... i wonder if the pants might ride up if you skidded??

·
Jackie Chan's stuntdouble
1,535 Posts
Usually leather suits are designed it fit inside the boots, but there are some suits and boots that work the other way. They have velcro to attach them together. Professional racers can't wear them like that unless they have the same sponsor for their suit and boots, because you can't see much of the boot.

Jeans always go outside the boot. We will laugh at you if you tuck them in. :laughing

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
It depends, my leathers fit both over and inside my boats so it depends on the weather, if it nice I tuck them inside the boots, if it is raing I put them over the boots, that way your feet will stay dry. You will find most leathers go in the boots, and most other types of pants, like my black cordura/nylon yamaha pants go over the boots.

Both are acceptable, and it also depends on your boots, with my racing boots they are so thick you can't pull your leathers over them, but my touring boots it is quite easy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts