BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Unregistered User
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh yes I know leather is better.

I have 3 pairs of leather pants (for the bike & a few for S&M :) ) plus 2 pairs of Cordura, so that subject is clesed.

Know the question

Which local shops carry a good selection of Jeans?

Was at Holeshot they only had a few pairs of cheap Icon's with knee Kevlar only.

Was at Bayside in late November and they just had a few odd sizes in the store.

So before I ride all over town who carries which brands locally?

·
Fookin Prawn
7,006 Posts
Why don't you call the shops and ask what they have in your size? Kind of pointless asking here IMO.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I don't know the answer to your question, but if you find out, please post as I'd like to try on some pairs.

I did a bunch of research on kevlar jeans (never tried them on) and found the reviews to be fairly poor in general. i.e. skimping on the kevlar, kevlar not lining up with knees, no kevlar at butt/crotch or hips, or just poor sewing job.

I plan on buying some kevlar cloth and kevlar thread and sewing it into a pair of jeans that fit me very well. That way it'll look good and I can be very liberal with kevlar on all the crucial areas.

Edit: Btw, this is what I'm looking at. http://www.easycomposites.co.uk/products/kevlar-protection/kevlar-protective-loopback-fabric.aspx?LineItemId=f73e9dd1-b55e-4c78-ab19-77e5179aec05

·
Unregistered User
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Daytona in Surrey I believe has Draggin (Australia) jeans for about $ 240 a pair.

Bayside had last year Sartso

Anything i do find I will post good or bad.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Although I like to buy locally sometimes it isn't possible. Try Diamond clothing for kevlar jeans. I also have a pair of Shift. I've used Draggon but they are pricy and they faded and shrunk on me. (or did I just get fatter?)

·
NOOOOOB
2,631 Posts
Draggin Slix

Slimmer fitting,looks like a pair of normal jeans, armour can be glued in, ordered online.

BMW City Jeans @ Vancouver DUC/BMW

Armour in knees and hips, not the baggy fit.

$250 for either.

·
Registered
59 Posts
yamaha in Port Moody has the Icon and Shift kevlar jeans. I went with a pair of black Joe Rockets with knee armour from eBay for $115. Really nice

·
Unregistered User
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Was out yesterday

Checkpoint in Port Moody only had some women's jeans both Shift and Draggin (AU) on sale .

Daytona Surrey has Draggin (AU) for just under $ 300.00 a pair.

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Why hasn't someone come out with Squid brand draggin' shorts?

And flip flops with toe sliders.
Excactly, if you wanna look like a squids, just wear reg jeans.
I never understood the whole riding jeans shit. Other than a few seconds of skid protection, they offer nothing for $300.
What is the #1 accident in town?? Getting hit by other cages?? Jean don't do shit.

Get some serious leg and hip armour under them at least. Broken knee caps from rolling down the street and chipped pelvis is dead serious.

·
Unregistered User
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I have knee and hip protection (or will have shortly) also a few sets of leathers and textile.

Just that jeans can be worn at work.

Besides I will wear them only on Tuesdays and Thursdays as crashes are planed Mondays and lowside on Wednesdays

1 - 16 of 16 Posts