BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
West Koots, I'm here....
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Itching to get out there, and finally have a weekend off. Wondering what the snow is like at Cat Lake area. Also thinking of local Eagle for getting used to the new bike. Anyone else ready to get dirty????

Link to map. Eagle Mtn. Drive, just off Panorama Drive. Go past golf course entrance, look for gravel road with gate on your left past the treed area.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...9.2445,-122.954865&spn=0.374749,0.925598&om=1

·
V Lister
4,277 Posts
hopefully Andrew's bike will be out of the shop by next week, then we'll be in too:devillook

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
i may be.you decide were and when.cat lake may be snowed see if ya can call someone in squamish area.

john

·
Beer League Racer/Asshole
5,237 Posts
I might be able to make this! If the weather cooperates, Megz may be in too!

·
5,237 Posts
Is Herrling still open? I figured with all the rain, it'd be hard to get into.

·
5,237 Posts
Ugh! I just checked the weather forcast, and if it's right, it is cold and rainy on Saturday and fricken freezing on Sunday (-1 to -5). That's a little too cold for my fingers.

·
West Koots, I'm here....
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So, what do y'all think? Eagle Mtn. is prolly the best bet right now, as most of the other areas are snowed in or under water.

·
West Koots, I'm here....
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK, the weekend looks good for Sunday, mild and partly sunny. Let's head to Eagle Mtn. I'll probably be there before noon, and ride til whenever. Dean, it's not going to be cold, so no excuses for you or Meighan, haha. Michael says that he hopes you bring an extra ride - lol. Hope to see lots of you out there!!

·
Registered
501 Posts
new to dirt

Hope to see you all out there and meet some members from the dirtriders. First time on the dirt, you probably see me eat some as well. I will be on the old 85 cr125 see you out there.

·
Ride the winds of change
1,994 Posts
I'd like to hookup with the guy's. Maybe bring a friend along with a dual sport.
Are there any less aggressive areas for a person new and trying to break in a bike.

·
Registered
219 Posts
...friend of mine is itching to ride on Sunday...he mentioned Squamish (minus teens) I said...furry creek might be warmer....and now eagle mtn is sounding toasty compared to furry creek

·
West Koots, I'm here....
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'd like to hookup with the guy's. Maybe bring a friend along with a dual sport.
Are there any less aggressive areas for a person new and trying to break in a bike.
There's a few of us newbies to dirt breaking in bikes, so don't be bashful, join the fun! Eagle Mtn. has a beginner area, like a track, nice and flat with some puddles for fun. There's also a few trails, some more challenging than others, and some gravel road. Most of us park near the gate on the gravel road, look for a jeep cherokee with a trailer, that'll be me. It would be great to meet some new dirt riders.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I am heading up to eagle tommorrow (sat). I am there if you see a grey F150 by the gate. scooter you should come up on sat think the weather will be better.
cheers

·
User And Abuser
3,917 Posts
has anyone checked it out up there> I saw a dusting of snow up on the mountain this morning. If I am around there tonight I will report back.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The snow appeared to be at the 350 meter mark.Eagle should have escaped.If so,I will be there on sunday to get my weekly fill of dirt.I love dirt.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts