BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm scheduled for my road in Langley for this Thursday. Looking for tips from people that have taken their test there. I heard the examiners in Langley are really picky. So if anyone has any good pointers, please do share. Thanks:rockon

G

·
I took my road test in Langley last week and passed!!
-Watch out for school zones. They took me through 3 consecutive school zones, the last sign was easy to miss as it began right after turning left.
-No highway component (speed limit 70 on fraser hwy or watever that road is called).
-Scan the intersection and make it obvious when starting up again after red light.
-SHOULDER CHECK and mirror check when changing lane positions, changing lanes, and turning.
-Also, make sure that you over-exaggerate your shoulder checks otherwise they think u aren't doing it properly.
-They will tell you to park, get off the bike and point out hazards in the area. (ie: school zones, driveways, hills).
-Remember: Changing lanes-Mirror, Signal, Shoulder check and make it obvious.
-There may be a bike lane...if the line is broken and u are instructed to turn right, enter it and then turn. This prevents the possibility of hitting any oncoming bikes..I lost a point for not doing this. The bike lane looks so small that it seems pointless to enter it, but apparently you have to even though you know there are no bikes coming. Anyway, i hope this helps. GOOD LUCK!!

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Don't crash.

·
Mr. Sophisticata
1,173 Posts
wtch the school zone with the playground zone right after that , in a residential area. Then your next left there is another school zone on a downhill, hard to see. Thats the only part you need to be warned of really..

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks a lot guys, all your tips and info have been very usefull. I'm going to ride into Langley tomorrow and ride around just to get used to where all the zones are. Thanks again.

G

·
a city is a city is a city

I live in Burnaby, practised in Vancouver and took my test in Abbotsford. Who knew that Abby had more than one street with schools and intersections! quel suprise!

Stay relaxed and they're not going to try and trick you. So don't memorize the lay of the land, or where schools are or whatever. You won't end up making dumb assumption mistakes because you're being observant. Instead of anticipating a turn they might ask you to do, then completely miss something else - just listen to their instructions, make your intersections, don't cross white lines and do your U-turn. Don't run the yellows or over the small annoying dog, and you'll be fine.

good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I took my road test in Langley last week and passed!!
-Watch out for school zones. They took me through 3 consecutive school zones, the last sign was easy to miss as it began right after turning left.
-No highway component (speed limit 70 on fraser hwy or watever that road is called).
-Scan the intersection and make it obvious when starting up again after red light.
-SHOULDER CHECK and mirror check when changing lane positions, changing lanes, and turning.
-Also, make sure that you over-exaggerate your shoulder checks otherwise they think u aren't doing it properly.
-They will tell you to park, get off the bike and point out hazards in the area. (ie: school zones, driveways, hills).
-Remember: Changing lanes-Mirror, Signal, Shoulder check and make it obvious.
-There may be a bike lane...if the line is broken and u are instructed to turn right, enter it and then turn. This prevents the possibility of hitting any oncoming bikes..I lost a point for not doing this. The bike lane looks so small that it seems pointless to enter it, but apparently you have to even though you know there are no bikes coming. Anyway, i hope this helps. GOOD LUCK!!
Do you remember what area of Langley these tricking school zones are?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts