BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, finally, the days seems to be longer and getting sunnier! time to take the bike out of storage.
just got a question though. in the summer of 2004 i took riding lessons at Action, graded and got my class 8L. i'm planning to take my road test during this summer. do you know if they'll book it for me and everything?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Isn't the road test included with the lessons? Why didnt you take it then?

Since you have your own bike already, I would suggest to just go directly through icbc and book the test yourself.

Online booking service:
http://www.icbc.com/licensing/#

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
corn_dawg said:
Isn't the road test included with the lessons? Why didnt you take it then?

Since you have your own bike already, I would suggest to just go directly through icbc and book the test yourself.

Online booking service:
http://www.icbc.com/licensing/#
i didn't take the road test right after my lessons because my earliest exam date was 12 months later.

Crass Tengu said:
And everything?

All you have to do is phone them and ask for a date?. . .
yes everything, meaning they provide a bike for me. i want to use those sherpa bikes =)

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
doug said:
easy crass, that's my line!
Slacker, your care meter must be going up.

TOPGEAR said:
yes everything, meaning they provide a bike for me. i want to use those sherpa bikes =)
Well. . . that makes pretty good sense if you feel familiar with them.

Don't know what you ride now, but I'd think the comfort level on your own bike would be preferrable. That would of course depend on how much you ride. . . .

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts
I booked mine through Pacific, and it was for 7 days following my course. I'd get out there and practice your techniques before doing the road test. The test is now 45 mins and is really quite involved. Everything from city, highway, school zones, playground zones, u-turns, hazard observation, etc...

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stewy said:
I booked mine through Pacific, and it was for 7 days following my course. I'd get out there and practice your techniques before doing the road test. The test is now 45 mins and is really quite involved. Everything from city, highway, school zones, playground zones, u-turns, hazard observation, etc...
well...class 5 and class 6 are pretty much the same license for different vehicles...so it's pretty much the same test...but on a bike...and they look for technique too

if you got your class 8L in summer 2004...is your license expired?

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts
Ratzilla said:
well...class 5 and class 6 are pretty much the same license for different vehicles...so it's pretty much the same test...but on a bike...and they look for technique too
Agreed. The tester reminded me that they are not only testing my motorcyle skills, but also my general driving skills as well. There are lots of simple actions that are an immediate fail (blocking a crosswalk, changing lanes over a solid line, speeding, etc...)

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ratzilla said:

if you got your class 8L in summer 2004...is your license expired?
yea, it's expiring this coming summer lol. But i think i'm out of the graduated program now, since i recently got my class 5.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts