BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Get outta the fast lane!!
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
Was searching for parts for my new project bike that needs repairs.... found a good resource. Not sure how good their service is. In any case, their pricing seems pretty good.

I was looking at a new water pump for the bike. Ronnies was $48.73 for the pump housing and $17.30 for the impeller. Well... I call an unnamed local Suzuki dealer and they want $92 for the housing and $40!!! for the impeller. I don't know about you but smells like hwy robbery to me.

Ronnies sells aftermarket and oem parts.

Enjoy: http://www.ronniesmailorder.com/oem.jsp

:rockon

·
Black on black crime
873 Posts
Well, you have to remember, any parts from a dealership have to help pay for the person selling them, and the people who work there. Profit is there for a reason. When you are doing it yourself, out of your house, you can definitly do it a lot cheaper.

·
Get outta the fast lane!!
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In general, if I can buy locally and it's perhaps 50% more than elsewhere I'll do so... but double the price or more? You can't tell me Ronnie's is getting parts much cheaper (their cost from Suzuki) than a dealership? If that is the case, as a dealer I'd be calling Suzuki Canada and complaining about it.

My business is wholesale manufacturing and distribution (non-motorcycle related) so I know what typical markups are. 100% upcharge on the wholesale cost is what we usually see as retail. Not trying to be an azz here but I don't buy your argument.

At this rate I'll be broke if I get all the parts here because it needs fairing, brackets, windshield, mirrors, instruments, etc. Unfortunately I don't have a money tree growing in my back yard.

·
Swivel on it
11,659 Posts
Well, you have to remember, any parts from a dealership have to help pay for the person selling them, and the people who work there. Profit is there for a reason. When you are doing it yourself, out of your house, you can definitly do it a lot cheaper.
Similar reason why i get a lot of stuff from ebay. Even after shipping it still works out a LOAD cheaper than what dealerships charge for bits - long as i don't need something right away online or some other source is the way to go. I don't see the point in paying two or three times as much to "support my local dealer" ...

·
Registered
220 Posts
those prices are a little better than bike bandit and dealerships but ebay is the way to go. you can get screamin deals if u have the time to find them. sometimes no one will bid on a part and u can get something worth 300 from the dealerships for .99cents US. i've done it. thats if there is no reserve. im sure the seller was kicking himself after.

·
Livin' la Vida Loca
957 Posts
I'll do anything to save cash. I've had to rebuild three times and I can't imagine doing it without BCSB's parts for sale, WTB, friends with excess R6 parts & eBay!
Bike Bandit is great 'cause they have exploded views (diagrams) of the bike and the part number, so you can ask around for the correct part, cross referencing parts or asking for prices (they list those, too!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts