1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
he has been amazing, but his time has passed... as it does for everyone!

·
Registered
581 Posts
I say if he wants to race let him race. It's not like he's grossly uncompetitive, he's just not a top rider anymore. *If he should retire than what should all the riders slower than him do?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have this fear that without the support of the factory team (even thought he'd get the latest machine) and his advancing age, he'd be buried solidly in the back of the pack with results in the 10-15th place at best.

Regardless, I'd like to see him on the grid for as long as possible. I just get so disappointed when he's so far back in the pack and you can't even see him in action because the camera's not on him. I find it boring when it tracks Marquez riding alone at the front all the time. Not meaning to offend any Honda fans, but the Repsol yellow/orange livery isn't all that interesting to look at.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I understand that. But if they want to keep offering him the team ride and he wants to take it and place a little ways back then I say good for him. Living the dream.*

hes been a great champion in the past and maybe his next legacy will be longevity? I imagine it's quite a commitment to still even compete as he is at his age(slightly younger than me, damn!).

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
If he's going to stay as a mid-upper pack rider, let him retire. It's hard to watch the former titan suffer.
But sure would be nice in his last season for Yamaha to give him an engine that isn't embarrassing in a straight line. Until he gets that we don't really know how competitive he still is.*

1 - 8 of 8 Posts