BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, with april coming up soon, u guys done all your mods yet? I'm thinking of getting some exhausts for my bike, but i'm really struggling to either to get a round pipes, or ovals, i had oval pipes until i sold them, but i really don't see whats the big hype about them. They have more material then round cans(provided most aftermarket round cans are smaller then stock ofcourse.) Is it truely for ground clearance? Look at the WSB or AMA guys, Both Colin Edwards, and Nicky Hayden runs Hi-mount exhausts, and with the exhausts so high about, it would be impossible to actually scrape it. You would need to scrape your elbows first, as most of them do.... Truth is Ovals are MORE expensive. Do you guys think this is just a marketing thing or what...?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i bought a used one at at screaming deal.... i just wanted to put it on, and feel the V-twin Roar.... those pipes was not exactly what i wanted(because they are used... ) and Carbonfibre does not go with V-twins... they will burn to coffee crisps. Plus i wanted to get the Hi-mounts, and want it to be louder hehehe...

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
As far as I know, they're is no benefit from running oval vs round. And I wasn't aware that oval was more expensive. It wasn't for my pipe or any other Micron pipe for that matter.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hm, atleast for Hindle it is. Each cannister is $100 bucks more... so that for me... would be $400 bucks more...cuz i have four canisters..like the GP bikes...

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
Hmm, I think you may have someone trying to milk you for a little more cash just because oval cans are more popular right now.

Hindle cannisters are the SAME price whether you get Stealth or Supersport, Oval or Round from any reputable dealer, such as the guy I deal with. Material should be the only thing causing an increase in the price.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hindle exhausts, are coming from a single dealer, PARTS CANADA. It does not matter which dealer you got it from, they all order from the PARTS CANADA book. You are right, Brad, that Supersport and Stealth cans are the same price, but round cans is $100 bucks cheaper each can then the ovals...

·
Registered
465 Posts
get the Ovals and shut up .. u know u want to look cool =) :cool Who wants round when they can have oval? Who wants oval when they can have Tri Oval!!! :D Probably has to do with clearance, but for the street --- Its all marketing .. get what u think looks the best. I'd personally pay the extra for the ovals :cool

G

·
FastMickey said:
Hm, atleast for Hindle it is. Each cannister is $100 bucks more... so that for me... would be $400 bucks more...cuz i have four canisters..like the GP bikes...
You have 4 cans on a twin...You have bigger problems than round and oval pipe choices.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok..i made up my mind, i will be getting the quad ovals. Watch out guys! Absolute Poser coming soon!!!

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
FastMickey said:
Hindle exhausts, are coming from a single dealer, PARTS CANADA. It does not matter which dealer you got it from, they all order from the PARTS CANADA book. You are right, Brad, that Supersport and Stealth cans are the same price, but round cans is $100 bucks cheaper each can then the ovals...
The guy I use, Dan Kyle, knows the biz, he used to race with Hindle back in the day and knows him well, maybe he goes right through the factory, I do not know. I only know that when he gives our [Fireblade.org] members prices, there was NO difference for oval or round. And if he can do it, you should be able to find someone who can.

Email Dan Kyle and speak with him yourself. He works primarily on RC51's and 929's, so he would be able to give you an estimate. For a full system for my bike, with a Ti cannister is was $590 US shipped, so just under $1k CDN to give you an idea on his pricing. Or check his website out http://www.kyleusa.com/

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Mickey,

I'm very interested in what exhaust you're running that you have 4 canisters??

Personally I like Oval better, it looks more stream lined, on the street you won't notice a different between round and oval except looks.

Jim.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah, I gotta confess..i actually only have three exhausts.... Two are located on each side of the bike, and the other one is not on the bike...and you don't want to know where it is.. hahahahaa

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Big Jim, have your heard V-twins with round pipes....? i'm kinda curious on how they sound..... can't find any sound file whatsoever,

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Mickey I have.. but not the same bike with oval and round.

Realistically there won't be a noticable difference. Most aftermarket (race) pipes are straight through. The path for sound/exhasut is round inside the can anyway.

As a comparison, my M4's are oval, Pauls 2Bros (on his VTR) are round and mine are louder.. but thats on different bikes with different pipes..

Jim.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I have the Full M4 system.. It's definitely loud.. It'll set off car alarms across the street, makes parking garages deafening, etc.. :D

Jim.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts