Discussion Starter #1
umm were you speeding officer ?

j/k

put a straight edge on your puter screen ,you'll get it

gonna need at least one fork ,or get it straightend

·
More than meets the eye
1,327 Posts
F$^&... would you believe it fell over in the garage?????

Hopefully someone out there will see this post and say "Hey, I can fix that, you don't need to buy a new one....."

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Pvt. BLOGGINS said:
Hopefully someone out there will see this post and say "Hey, I can fix that, you don't need to buy a new one....."
Redneck fork straightening 101: Take forks and front wheel off as a unit, walk over to tree/concrete wall/your inbred cousin Joe and swing them around against it. Repeat until straight enough to drive with only a few wobbles. Proceed to sell to a noob from the next town over who won't know better :eek

·
More filling!
486 Posts
Pvt. BLOGGINS said:
F$^&... would you believe it fell over in the garage?????

You need a new one.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey i have 2 very experienced mechanics said they can straighten it ,they said as long as its not creased your ok ,but its only a one time deal and if its been straightend before its a no go .Personally id get a new one ,but they both said its fine to straighten it.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
I'd try and have it straightened first, but given my overly cautious nature, would probably choose to purchase a new one for peace of mind.

·
coco bongo
1,003 Posts
if its already at borderline, throw in something better, like 05 gix1k forks or something

pimp it up!

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
That would make the shocks worth more than the bike itself! :p

·
More than meets the eye
1,327 Posts
Lyzic said:
if its already at borderline, throw in something better, like 05 gix1k forks or something

pimp it up!
That idea is coming.... funding is always a key issue....

it has/had ohlins fork inserts, and has a rear ohlins shock...

I love my Kan-a-tuna

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the trick is figureing out how to bend the other one just like it so it matches.

·
More than meets the eye
1,327 Posts
REVELATIONS said:
Ok, dumb question time, but how does a Katuna bend its legs in a garage?
They arent made of butter I hope.
It may also bend it legs when going into a corner to fast and wiping out...... but I'm sticking with my it fell over in the garage story....

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not to bastardize the thread but I noticed Leevi's sig and wanted to pass along something:

Q: Do you know what's in a Nanaimo Bar?

A: Hookers and Drug dealers mostly! LOL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts