BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok a very strange thing just happened. Last week I fire up the bike from winter storage and took it out for a quick burn... all good. Today I went to start it up again. Turn key to on position, choke on halfway, press starter button, bike fires up, releases start switch, but starter keeps turning! Turn key to off switch, remove key from bike, starter is still turning! I disconnect the battery and it stops. At this point the battery is drained so I jumped the battery from my car, and same problem. Unbelievable...im scratching my head on this one.:confused:confused How is this possible?

·
I like traffic cones :S
15,773 Posts
something from my electrical class...

some mumbojumbo broke so that this dooheekie creates its own current as it spins. more it spins, more current it creates....

something like that. i should have paid more attention instead of looking at bewbs on my laptop in class :D

·
myside.yourside.myside
2,095 Posts
I would guess starter relay is sticking. It might be good enough to find it and give it some brisk taps and then pass some current through it on and off.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would guess starter relay is sticking.
after learning more how the starter realy is configured this makes more sense. after hooking the battery back up the relay was just clicking, no longer runaway starter. Plus i could feel the relay unit buzzing when i held the bike start button so i thinks the relay is done. I'll replace and go from there. thanks guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts