BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gotta hand it to us Canadians in that we'll take theft of our vehicles with a smile on our faces...just don't let our hockey team lose a playoff. Today on the S2S, the story hungry bored media doing their part to promote the usual long weekend dog and pony show (without context until I showed up) from the police that they'll be out this weekend blah blah blah... There were props, lots of props which included a fly by from Chopper One and even hapless victims including this one unlucky fellow who's just learned his early long weekend to Alice Lake will cost him roughly $2k more than he thought...and that he'll be doing it without his bike. With over 40k seizures so far since the new MVA rules in Sept. 2010, which include somewhere over 15k for excessive speed, you'd think that riders and drivers might raise their collective voices about speed limit integrity and do something about it? https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...07769507&type=1&theater&notif_t=photo_comment

·
countdown to next crash..
2,658 Posts
I'd like to be able to look at that but I refuse to use facebook, can someone copy and paste?

·
must have more bacon
5,434 Posts
the only voice i can raise is , why are asshats doing 40 over on the squeamish and why are they crying when they get caught ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

it doesn't matter that bikes can do 140 , 180 or 220 kph on the road , the road was not built for our exclusive use and quit bitch'n about it

get a race bike or do track days ,get your yaya's out in a safer enviroment

·
Registered
63 Posts

Safety by Education Not Speed Enforcement (SENSE)

"Gotta hand it to us Canadians in that we'll take theft of our vehicles with a smile on our faces...just don't let our hockey team lose a playoff. Today on the S2S, the story hungry bored media did their part to promote the usual long weekend dog and pony show from the police that they'll be out this weekend blah blah blah... There were props, lots of props which included a fly by from Chopper One and even hapless victims including this one unlucky fellow who's just learned his early long weekend to Alice Lake will cost him roughly $2k more than he thought, and that he'll be doing it without his bike. With over 40k seizures so far which include somewhere over 15k for excessive speed, you'd think it would be time for the likes on this page to go up..."

comments:

A: "The the 40 over is just wrong . Since when are police judge jury especially selling the vehicles before a chance at trial ."

Safety by Education Not Speed Enforcement (SENSE): They do not sell bikes after an impound. The Civil Assets Forfeiture Office will review for permanent confiscation after a letter from the Superintendent of Motor Vehicles has recommended. This can be done after 3 or more impounds.

B: Did the RCMP have their tanks there too?

C " How has this not been deemed a violation of the Charter of Rights yet? "You have the right to a fair trial..." "

·
Lee RideFar
5,463 Posts
On 16th ave between 140th and 148th in White Rock/South Surrey there was two speed trap locations. Both with at least 3-5 officers and 4-5 police cars. The Integrated road safety unit sure was busy! On 16th ave the speed limit is 50kmh and people usually go 65kmh-75kmh.

oh and I have two track days booked this long weekend. :evilgrin

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts
Shouldn't this be in the election results thread?

On this website we love the Provincial Liberals and they can do no wrong.

It's all about the Benjamins here.

·
Fookin Prawn
7,006 Posts
the only voice i can raise is , why are asshats doing 40 over on the squeamish and why are they crying when they get caught ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

it doesn't matter that bikes can do 140 , 180 or 220 kph on the road , the road was not built for our exclusive use and quit bitch'n about it

get a race bike or do track days ,get your yaya's out in a safer enviroment
Probably because 80km/h on a highway is ridiculously low in the first place. I've been told that they lowered the speed limit after they upgraded the highway? How does that make any sense other than revenue collection to pay for the upgrade? I was doing 10 over all the way in the car to pick up my bike, and just about fell asleep as everyone passed me. If it was a comparable speed limit to the rest of the world, 120km/h, I could completely understand that 40 over 120 = impound. We get the worst of both worlds.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Probably because 80km/h on a highway is ridiculously low in the first place. ... I was doing 10 over all the way in the car to pick up my bike, and just about fell asleep as everyone passed me. If it was a comparable speed limit to the rest of the world, 120km/h, I could completely understand that 40 over 120 = impound. We get the worst of both worlds.
Exactly.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
s2s is done. unless you have the will power to putt along til pemby then it just ain't the spot. there's much better roads east and south of the city as well.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Lol just finished watching this douche on the news with the best line ever!

Ducatista rider " I was just going 140 these bikes can go around these corners at 300km/h"

Maybe he should have gave Rossi some tips before switching to yamaha.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
They point the camera the other way?

I'm just saying that it used to be front facing in BC.

I've seen a few videos of Calgary area highways and there's occasionally a vehicle on the painted islands for on-ramps with cameras like the ones above. Generally unmarked pickup trucks.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts