BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Necessary Evil
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading messages on this site for awhile now, and decided to register so I could add my own propaganda. I see alot of people talking about how fast there bikes are etc, but few will ever gather the courage to take their "fast" bike to a track. I have seen many excuses, with the most popular being "I don't want to crash", and "I need more street experience first". Newer riders must be told: you do not get racing experience on the street. The only way to become a fast racer is by actually racing on a track. On a track environment a rider can have 100% focus on the track and his line etc. The street has way too many distractions so you cannot focus on riding style and corner entry etc. Crashes do happen to most racers who push the limits of machine and skill level (and a few other reasons), but this is no reason to shy away from racing. I can guarantee you will be more satisfied having raced and crashed than having never raced and a shiny new looking street bike. Anyway, enough preaching. Saratoga Speedway on Vancouver Island is having the season opener for bikes on May 11. Racing is tight and fun, and an good place to start out roadracing. The $12 race entry and $20 Club membership is way cheaper than SIR etc. Come check it out!

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
I just can't make it this month but is there an events calender to check out? I could certainly see myself there later on. Your rates make it very agreeable even with the ferry prices...... :D

·
K1200S
255 Posts
I'm not interested in racing but I wouldn't mine doing a trackday just to check it out. Do you have any trackdays scheduled. Also, what bike prep do you require?

·
Necessary Evil
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Saratoga racing info

Sorry about the lack of info. If you go to the home page and click on news you will find more detailed information about classes, bike prep etc.

·
high side racing
221 Posts
Dean isn't this cool I've had 85 hits at my posting and you've had like 46ish??? this might help get more people out yet!!!! comer on over and have some fun guys get enough of ya headin this way for a weekend and maybe we could hook up a barbeque or sumthin????

X

·
0 Posts
Is there a webpage for the Saratoga Track?

Info I need:

Events schedule
Directions
Accomodation listing
Contact Numbers

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Hey there Racer62. Do you have a diagram of what the track looks like? All I can find out is that it sounds like it's a drag strip with an oval. So I take it that it's sort of like the Mission track where we would use part of the drag strip, part of the oval and some of the return and access roads to fill in?

If so and there's no concrete walls on the track edge I'm in for at least one weekend.

I got a license now ya know........ :D

·
Necessary Evil
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Saratoga track layout

I actually do have a schematic (rough) of the track. I'm not sure how to post it on this site. I'll try e-mailing it to the "contact" adress and maybe they will post it for me.

X

·
0 Posts
A couple of ways to post the schematic

1. Post it in the pictures archive as a .. well picture (jpg file) and link it to a thread.

2. E-mail it to the contact info

3. E-mail it to Kit (Racing Forum Moderator)

I am sure that all these ways will get the picture up (as I'd like to see it myself)

hey.. you can even e-mail it to me [email protected]

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Found this pic of the track at the Westwood site. It's obviously a smaller track being just under 1 km in length. And largely turning all in one direction. We'll have to find another place to go the following time to even out the wear on the tires....... :D

·
high side racing
221 Posts
opening night was a blast a little lite on the turn out but otherwise a great night of racing congrates to the old guy dave on the triumph on teaching the young guys a thing or too...... If I can rumage up a set of leathers I'll gladly come out for an education......:D

D

·
0 Posts
Racing at Saratoga

Hey Dudes!

Take it from Dean!

He knows what he is talking about.

We say we can ride fast on the streets, but now it's time to prove it, let's get together and get out to the Island to Saratoga.

I haven't had much success in generating interest with my fellow Vromies, maybe you guys would be willing?

If we can get enough of us Lower Mainland riders, we can probably get a decent rate at one of the local motels near the track.

Like Dean and Co. said maybe even a barbecue!

I would like to get over to the Island for the June 15th Saturday race, stay overnight then head back on Sunday.

Anyone else interested?

Come on guys, let's show the Islanders what we are made of!

Cheers!

:thumbup

·
K1200S
255 Posts
Are there any run-offs, or is it just tires in front of guard rails?

Denis are you going to Spokane at the end of the month? There should be quite a few of us from BCSB. Maybe you should get some Vromies out. No bike mods are required other than taping.

T

·
0 Posts
Racer62, you forgot to mention there is no cops and fucking radar guns pointing at you at the track. And you won't lose 6 pts and pay $345 if you are 10clicks over the speed limit, i mean, is there a speed limit at the track anyways? =)

·
Registered
809 Posts
If I went over with my CR500 how many classes could I run, and for the 15th of june how many practice sessions are there? I went to the westwood site but there is little info on the track and the race day.

·
high side racing
221 Posts
you'd run in at least two races for sureif your in the fast 4 I think you'd get in the trophy dash plus there is hot laps and qualifying
Everyone runs together right now because of the low number of racers

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Re: Racing at Saratoga

ducden said:
Hey Dudes!

...I would like to get over to the Island for the June 15th Saturday race, stay overnight then head back on Sunday.

Anyone else interested?

Come on guys, let's show the Islanders what we are made of!

Cheers!

:thumbup
I think this sounds like a great idea. I'm in if you're still interested. I got me a truck that can hold 2 bikes and gear so we can split the ferry costs.

Hey Doug, is there somewhere we can crash a couple of sleeping bags? I'm assuming there's a bit of a party after the race day. Or if it winds down and everyone goes home then perhaps we can just catch the late ferry...

Anyone else interested?

D

·
0 Posts
Saratoga Speedway

Hey BMATTHEWS!

Was your reply intended for me?

Denis (ducden) here, If you still have room in your truck, I would like to join you and split costs for ferry and such.

Apparently as per Dean, there is a campsite near the track where we could camp out Saturday night.

Let me know I can be reached at work 604 737-4107 9 a.m.
to 5:30 P.M. or we can meet at The Flying Swan where I go for
breakfast on Saturday mornings.

Cheers! :thumbup

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Well, it sounds like there's 3 of us. I'm going away for this weekend but I'll be sure to get in touch first thing when I get back on Sunday or Monday at the latest.

Anyone else??? If we can get a 4th then we're 2 per vehicle which'll work out just peachy.

Even if a couple of you want to come along to marshall or just spectate and take pics of us "heros" and help split the ferry cost that would be cool too.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts