BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you haven't taken a couple of seconds to read the news about the Saratoga Speedway in the "news" section you should do so.

What an opportunity for all you wannabe's that didn't take the track school with me :D

It all sounds like a low key, non panic sort of event that could be a lot of fun without having to do a lot of mods to the bikes.

So wadda'ya'say. Anyone interested?

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
if your paying $$ :) :) :) by all means heheheh :) :) :) hehehehehe :) :) :laughing :)

I would love to go, but dont have the $$ these days....

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't give up yet CG. Let's see how much they want and check into the car pooling thing. And there's camping there too. Might not be as many $ as you think.

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
BMatthews said:
Don't give up yet CG. Let's see how much they want and check into the car pooling thing. And there's camping there too. Might not be as many $ as you think.
remember, i'm just a poor starving student (ask the guys in the chat how I starve myself just to pay for my bike) :(

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
just waiting for the frame sliders:D

·
Registered
725 Posts
I though i saw somewhere that the track takes 20 seconds a lap,

your gonna get dissy on a track like that:D

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kit said:
I though i saw somewhere that the track takes 20 seconds a lap,

your gonna get dissy on a track like that:D
Hey, it's no worse than the Tradex parking lot..... :D

For the guys here that need to rely on their bikes for street riding it's great. All the thrills without the risk of big damage thanks to lower speeds. I found out at the Tradex that second gear and a knee puck that's threatening to touch down can still be a rush.

X

·
0 Posts
I was seriously interested in going to saratoga - however, do they qualify you with a novice race license or can anyone just jump on the track there?

Kind of confused...

·
Registered
842 Posts
I'll pass it on to a friend of mine. Between us we have a van, pickup and a trailer. He's got a motard and it'd be perfect for my "altered" KLR or even my DR350:D

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Xyban said:
I was seriously interested in going to saratoga - however, do they qualify you with a novice race license or can anyone just jump on the track there?

Kind of confused...
From the way I read it they give you a little training session and then turn you loose if you seem to know what you're doing.

And Bill, Those bikes would be a hoot on a track like that. Would you put street rubber on them?

·
Registered
842 Posts
BMatthews said:

From the way I read it they give you a little training session and then turn you loose if you seem to know what you're doing.

And Bill, Those bikes would be a hoot on a track like that. Would you put street rubber on them?
John's motard is a CR500 with 17" wheels and wide rubber. I'm still running stock wheels on the KLR but can run Dunlop Trailmax's. I talked to some guys who've run these on their motards and they say, surprisingly that they work well. On the DR I can run Pirelli MT 80's which is a 90%on road tire. It's a radial so it would lower the bike a bit, but ground clearance isn't an issue.

It sounds like this track is tailor made for hooning around on a single:D :D :D :D :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts