Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SATURDAY

Light rain
High 9°
Low 6°
POP 70 %

Good day to wash all the salt off the bike by fresh acid rain!

Place : RMS
Time: 11:00 AM
Destination: Perhaps White Rock for lunch and a general ride afterwards

:lurking

·
Registered
969 Posts
Aww too bad it wasn't for today. It's a great looking afternoon. May come but I have commitments later so.. 50 50 :D

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I might make it down, I'll see how hard it's raining first.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think I'm gonna scoot out that way, it's pretty clear out right now, I've already been to horseshoe bay and back today and I want to keep riding'.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for joining me....

After you guys left for home, I decided to try the S2S highway but only made as far as Horseshoe bay for coffee at blenz.

Met a bunch of people that thought me crazy for riding out in the rain, but had a great chat with people waiting for the ferries. Common question was "aren't you wet" as I stood there dripping with water :laughing

Found out that my Waterproof gloves are not waterproof and the new Alter Ego jacket with double cuffs scoops the water as you ride and brings it into the gloves as you drop your hands.

Otherwise the rest of me remained quite dry.

·
Registered
46 Posts
was it raining fairly hard in west van? It started to really pick up over here about half an hour after I got home....we'll have to keep an eye on the weather and see if we can get another dry weekend to get on the S2S, and take NW Marine to get there....

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
was it raining fairly hard in west van? It started to really pick up over here about half an hour after I got home....we'll have to keep an eye on the weather and see if we can get another dry weekend to get on the S2S, and take NW Marine to get there....
It was pouring hard and I had my wipers on full blast :laughing

I don't mind the rain on S2S but I don't think I want to ride it by myself; misery loves company :rockon

·
its closer now
1,858 Posts
you are soooo cool... i wish i could be as cool as you.

and how do i become as hardcore as you? i am a pussy when it comes to riding in general...

maybe we could go for a ride when i get my 250 and you can teach me a few things

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
you are soooo cool... i wish i could be as cool as you.

and how do i become as hardcore as you? i am a pussy when it comes to riding in general...

maybe we could go for a ride when i get my 250 and you can teach me a few things
You are more then welcome to join us....

·
Life is Good!
336 Posts
You are more then welcome to join us....
I think Silver_6R was being sarcastic. I tend to agree, the people that ride in the rain for pleasure need help. They are just trying to make themselves look hardcore when they arent. If you dont have to ride in the rain, why would you ?

just curious

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
They are just trying to make themselves look hardcore when they arent. If you dont have to ride in the rain, why would you ?

just curious
mikey, there isn't anything hardcore about riding in the rain; only some of you think that people that ride in the rain are thinking that they are trying to be. Hardcore, to me, is the ability to do stunts. I don't do stunts.

The only difference (as long as you have good tires), as I have discovered, between riding in the rain and not, is that you get soaking wet.

However, for me, riding in hard pouring rain puts all my senses in overdrive as well as it puts me in a world that is strictly my own and I love the feeling that I get from it.

At the end of the ride, I am refreshed and smiling from an adrenaline overdose.

If you have the right gear, you stay warm and dry and you get 300 more days to ride out of the 365. It makes the sun shine on days that are not.

Ralphael

p.s. a rabbit doesn't think he is a rabbit, only you think that it is a rabbit or perhaps a rabbit wannabe :laughing

1 - 20 of 21 Posts