BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Sat. Mar 9th Test n Tune @ Mission Raceway

3K views 28 replies 4 participants last post by  CG 
#1 ·
Sat. Mar 9th

If any of you are drag race fans and interested in seeing what your bike will do on the 1/4 mile lets all go to mission raceway on saturday morning...

you have to book ahead of time and the cost is $60(payable when you arrive) for virtually unlimited runs. You can grudge race and pick who you want to run against and you get a timeslip afterward.

A few buddies will be there testing their cars

requirements are a protective jacket, helmet and boots covering the ankles.

#5 ·
F4i said:
my friend is going to test his car so I'll probably just go with him to watch... I've never gone to mission before so I don't want to look like a fool on my bike! :laughing

Mike : Jeans are accepted. Might want to phone them to doublecheck though

www.missionraceway.com

F4i : You wont look like a fool, you'll look like someone going down the track for the first time. Nobody is there to judge you. The staff is very friendly and will show you exactly how to launch... its very easy. Bring your bike and watch me a few times. I'll show you exactly what to do.. after you go down the track the first time it will be second nature.

Besides, its better to mess arent on a test n tune day when things are laid back then during a street legal event where its all hurried.

#8 ·
jonathan said:

Mike : Jeans are accepted. Might want to phone them to doublecheck though

www.missionraceway.com

F4i : You wont look like a fool, you'll look like someone going down the track for the first time. Nobody is there to judge you. The staff is very friendly and will show you exactly how to launch... its very easy. Bring your bike and watch me a few times. I'll show you exactly what to do.. after you go down the track the first time it will be second nature.

Besides, its better to mess arent on a test n tune day when things are laid back then during a street legal event where its all hurried.

thats true...I'll consider going.....just wondeirng, typically how many bikes show up for these test and tunes?

#11 ·
Here here is the Definitive answer from mission raceway...

Snell 90 or better helmet, a protective jacket, gloves and shoes above the ankles mandetory...

if the bike runs over 120mph at the track you need full leathers and a kill switch that turns the bike off if you fall off... (a small screw screwed into the toggle switch you when you yank on it, it pulls the kill switch intot he off position is fine)

so if I want to run full out I will need full leathers

#12 ·
jonathan said:
Here here is the Definitive answer from mission raceway...

Snell 90 or better helmet, a protective jacket, gloves and shoes above the ankles mandetory...

if the bike runs over 120mph at the track you need full leathers and a kill switch that turns the bike off if you fall off... (a small screw screwed into the toggle switch you when you yank on it, it pulls the kill switch intot he off position is fine)

so if I want to run full out I will need full leathers
damn, that means we'll have to hold back a bit.... until the final run hahahaha :) :laughing

do you have full leathers? I only have the jacket....

#15 ·
do you think they will care if we hit like 125mph while not wearing full leathers.... like think about it, crashing at 120 and 125 is no difference.

also, I dunno about you, but i'm gonna be wearing my leathers under my tourmaster suit, you'll freeze your ass off.... :)

but the damn weather man is still forecasting rain on saturday and sunday :( lets hope he is wrong as usual :)

#16 ·
Canadian_Gixxer said:
do you think they will care if we hit like 125mph while not wearing full leathers.... like think about it, crashing at 120 and 125 is no difference.

also, I dunno about you, but i'm gonna be wearing my leathers under my tourmaster suit, you'll freeze your ass off.... :)

but the damn weather man is still forecasting rain on saturday and sunday :( lets hope he is wrong as usual :)
we'll just have to see...

they are very strict about those rules... I remember I was running 14.0's in my car, and then when I hit 13.9 they gave me shit for not having a helmet...

I would recomend running just under (pull in the clutch at the 1000 ft mark)

and then for the last few runs go full out and hope that they dont notice...

I talked to orwin (my buddy) and we're all thinking of meeting up around 8:30 or 9am at the parking lot in guildford mall (outside london drugs)

#17 ·
jonathan said:

we'll just have to see...

they are very strict about those rules... I remember I was running 14.0's in my car, and then when I hit 13.9 they gave me shit for not having a helmet...

I would recomend running just under (pull in the clutch at the 1000 ft mark)

and then for the last few runs go full out and hope that they dont notice...

I talked to orwin (my buddy) and we're all thinking of meeting up around 8:30 or 9am at the parking lot in guildford mall (outside london drugs)
hmmm, guess i'll have to hold off on at the end :(

8:30 - 9am, ok, well i'll watch this thread for more updates from ya, but if I dont hear nuttin and it aint raining out tommorrow morning, then i'll show up at the guildford parking lot looking for your F4i near the London Drugs.

#18 ·
call me in the morning also... before you leave. I'll be calling MRP...

also make sure you rig something up so when(oops, IF) you fall of your bike it tugs on the kill switch and turns off the bike.

It requires a small small drill hole, and a hook or ring with threads on the end so you screw it intot he switch,
then just hook up a wrist strap or something...

#19 · (Edited)
jonathan said:
call me in the morning also... before you leave. I'll be calling MRP...

also make sure you rig something up so when(oops, IF) you fall of your bike it tugs on the kill switch and turns off the bike.

It requires a small small drill hole, and a hook or ring with threads on the end so you screw it intot he switch,
then just hook up a wrist strap or something...
but you have any pics of this? I've seen it before but never paid close attention to how it works....

I have to drill a small hole into the switch??

#20 ·
Canadian_Gixxer said:

but you have any pics of this? I've seen it before but never paid close attention to how it works....

I have to drill a small hole into the switch??
yeah ontot he red killswitch itself, on the "on" side, and put a little hook into there so that if you fall off it pulls the switch into the "kill/off" position

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.