BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Vindicated
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the new bike is cranky for a maiden ride and this weekend looks like nice weather. Might be a good day to head up to Whistler, maybe leave late morning to let it warm up a touch. Still scrubbing in the tires, gotta break in the engine, and not to mention get used to the bike.

·
Get outta the fast lane!!
1,338 Posts
Hmmm.... Sat Oct 21st is my last day of insurance on the bike. I'd be interested but it's got to be an epic ride. North shore to Whistler has been the slowest riding I've experienced a couple of weeks ago. Really frustrating slow cages. Too many pigs as well.

If Pemberton-Lillooet is in the picture I'm in.

Anybody want to ride to Baker or? (sorry for the hi-jack) :drinkbeer

·
Lee RideFar
5,463 Posts
If Pemberton-Lillooet is in the picture I'm in.
This route is wet all day even if its sunny. It's still a good ride but you have to be extra careful. With the crappy weather this week I would be wary about going into the interior. Here comes the gravel!!!

·
My Twitter: SH1FTG34R
1,891 Posts
I'd be down for Saturday but I can tell you i'll be at the back of the pack taking my own pace, but i'm down if it happens :p

·
Vindicated
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya Sunday is OUT so Saturday it is.. More details to come.

·
Vindicated
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok short ride to Squamish tomorrow (mayyyyyyyyyyyybe Whistler but I doubt it).

Leave the church at 10:30am.

·
AKA Martini-girl!!
1,637 Posts
Well the new bike is cranky for a maiden ride and this weekend looks like nice weather. Might be a good day to head up to Whistler, maybe leave late morning to let it warm up a touch. Still scrubbing in the tires, gotta break in the engine, and not to mention get used to the bike.
Heehee - I'll break in your bike...WOOHOO!!!!:devillook

·
I've studied abroad..or 2
166 Posts
I might be able to join you. If not, maybe see you on the road or at Squamish. Where do you guys like to stop in Squamish. I usually stop at the Starbucks there.

·
Registered
30 Posts
What a great day for a ride.

Had a great ride. Thanks Jamie. Glad I could assist with your maiden voyage. Good to meet new people too.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I had a good time. Thanks for organizing the ride Jamie and nice to meet you.

Thanks Trish for makeing it interesting Also nice to meet you.Its nice to finally meet a girl that can keep up:rockon :laughing

Its was also nice to meet everybody else too.:flashy

·
How'd I end up here?
553 Posts
That was great! Thanks Jamie for letting me try out the SV - I had a great time on the ride. Nice to see some familiar faces (yes Steve, I know you didn't recognize me actually ON a bike instead of in the cage :laughing ), and as always, it's nice to meet new people who have this same addiction that I do. Hope to see you all again soon! :flashy

·
Vindicated
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for coming out everyone. It was sad to see everyone fly by while I holding to my 7500 rpm :surrender but seriously it was a blast.. only about 200km to go before 11,000 RPM :devillook.

The bike has been de rear-fenderized, de stickerized, and de reflectorized not to mention de virginized.

I was nice to see some new faces even though I might not have actually caught your names..

I only managed to take 3 pics.. d'oh!

·
AKA Martini-girl!!
1,637 Posts
hmm nice gixer JJ...i miss mine...boohoo!! when mine is up and running we'll have to do a gixxer ride...WOOHOO!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts