BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, new to the forum. Just getting back into street riding and decided to sign up, although it seems quiet around here.
Anyone up for a ride this coming weekend? Somewhat of a quick but sane pace without risk to life or limb or my 45% ICBC discount.
I'd be up for anything 2-4 hours.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To add a little more detail, the sort of riding I enjoy is back roads twisties and not so much putting around in the city. People tell me that I need to ride past Whistler to find such roads. Maybe someone knows of someplace closer but if not than maybe I just need to suck it up and head up the S2S and see where it leads.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
maybe I just need to suck it up and head up the S2S and see where it leads.
yup! the 'good' riding 'round here starts about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs from Vancouver: the Duffey, beyond Pemberton; the Fraser canyon etc north of Hope; and Manning Park east of Hope. and those trips are best done as pretty full-day outings. so, realistically, a 2-4 hour total time ride, while enjoyable, will likely not feature many 'exciting' roads, altho you could ride the S2S a couple times fast and see if your licence survived... he heh. therefore the popularity in these circles for riding south of the border. there are a lot of fine roads in Whatcom and Skagit counties, and there is Baker too. Nexus card almost mandatory, if you'd rather ride than sit in line.

·
Registered
8,760 Posts
pending where you live (not telling!) yes some of the best riding is a good 2 hours out of town.

This is why some of us just have no clue what commuting means on a sportbike, uhm, GTFO of town then get back to me; 'ems real riding! :thumbup

weather you go straight north or east or south, the rule holds :laughing

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2 hours to get to the fun roads, 6 months of rain, ICBC insurance rates... It looked so nice all shiny and new. Maybe I didn't think this thing through...

·
Registered
386 Posts
2 hours to get to the fun roads, 6 months of rain, ICBC insurance rates... It looked so nice all shiny and new. Maybe I didn't think this thing through...
One can live with the above mentioned negatives with a comfortable ride and a bit of wind protection. Its the 40 over impound law that really makes BC the second choice for ride days for most of the local riders. I prefer to pay the 300-500 US for the occasional track fee and forget about it rather than have a speeding ticket follow you around for years. If I ride in BC its during week days riding on weekends in BC is simply not worth it due to the increase in traffic and enforcement.

·
Registered
8,760 Posts
One can live with the above mentioned negatives with a comfortable ride and a bit of wind protection. Its the 40 over impound law that really makes BC the second choice for ride days for most of the local riders.
its official, you've become predictible in your old age friend.. i saw the post preview and did not see who posted, yet I knew it was you!! lol :laughing

y'all are a bit too pre-occupied with the 40+ laws methinks. I still enjoy riding in BC and do so often, I wanna see your track receipts though :D

Join Vancouver Motor Bikers on Facebook. They have lots of organized rides from Vancouver to Vancouver

and here I thought I read from east Vancouver to West vancouver at least.. not so much eh? :ghost

I have done Baker and back in 3 hours, no nexus. From Langley on a week day.
fvck it took you a while to get out there didnt it? :devillook :evilgrin

·
Registered
386 Posts
He he you have seen the flashing lights behind my bike no reciepts thou. My dirt bike is going to save me those unfortunate encounters it does not like sustained speeds over 140.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts