1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
The Comedy is in the Back
11,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Been there, Wrecked that!
2,213 Posts
I could have used that about 10 years ago... the tip is still numb!

·
The Comedy is in the Back
11,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wich one? haha..

·
1,000 Posts
thats fukn genious, theyre gonna make millions! i wonder how long until they implement it into skilsaws, or bandsaws, and so on.

but wow, if it fails theyre gonna have their pants sued off.

·
Newbie Poser Squid
2,709 Posts
It looks to be very finicky to use. I would be fricking annoyed of the blade dissapears when I am in the middle of ripping a long piece of stock.

·
Been there, Wrecked that!
2,213 Posts
Pvt. BLOGGINS said:
That is nuts, who thinks this shit up??
Most likely some guy with only his thumbs & pinky's or stubs left :laughing

·
Born to sweep.
611 Posts
Useless for those who use their table saws for woodworking and cooking though.

·
You like popsicles?
2,020 Posts
bafflebrain said:
It looks to be very finicky to use. I would be fricking annoyed of the blade dissapears when I am in the middle of ripping a long piece of stock.
more annoyed than losing part of a finger?

·
Newbie Poser Squid
2,709 Posts
Hogie said:
more annoyed than losing part of a finger?
No, that I would be pisssed. :laughing I am always fearful of my table saw - which I think is a good thing. It got a 15AMP motor so it would take much to cut through bones. But that is why they have safety fence and push stick - and I think a lot of people use neither.

I looked this guy up and he has a Phd in physics. Being a hobby woodworker, he was quite aware of the 3,000 or so lost fingers per year so he decided to design his own saw. Aparently he did put his own finger on the blade of his prototype and it only nicked it. This table saw have been on the market way since 2000 - and it still have not caught on today due to costs, resistance from the other manufacturers and reliability.

·
Registered
361 Posts
but but but... what if i want to chop up a hot dog?

or better yet, what if i decide to lop off a finger so i can hide it in chili at wendy's and try to scam some money outta them?

oh, whats that? its already been done!? oh... dang.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Pvt. BLOGGINS said:
That is nuts, who thinks this shit up??
Well, people that don't waste all thier time on internet forums.

·
Posing with conviction
5,396 Posts
r1100s said:
Useless for those who use their table saws for woodworking and cooking though.
ROTFL. haha. Yeah I hear you.

I wouldn't slam my money for that saw until I saw a video with someone's weewee™ going through it. It's one thing to show a hotdog but you never know the density of a finger or a weewee might be different enough that when it goes through the saw OFF IT GOES!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts