BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Schuberth Helmets

7K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  ashwin88 
#1 ·
#3 · (Edited)
if i'm not mistaken a friend of mine owns a Schuberth. I'm considering one myself for the Raider, so it will likely be a hybrid / flip-up for ease of use at Gas stops & at the border

right, the C3 pRO i believe is what i was interested in. Only 82dB(A) at 100 km per hour (with naked bikes)

actually thanks for the reminder, i noticed on our last ride of the season communication between riders is pretty important and apparently i'm in luck as the C3 PRO SRC com system
has been confirmed to pair up with SENA, in universal bluetooth mode with latest software, this was shared as early as end of 2015 so it should be solid now.

most riding partners now have the Sena system, i'd like to confirm it works with SMH10; thus far only read of the 20s pairing succesfully.

#4 ·
Thanks ...... I'll keep this all in mind. I thought about their built in Bluetooth system which seems well thought out. It just seems a shame to stop using the setup I already have; the Uclear HBC200. It still works great and I have no problems with it. My frugality won't let me change it out without guilt.

#6 ·
Thanks ...... I'll keep this all in mind. I thought about their built in Bluetooth system which seems well thought out.
the SRC com system is basically a CARDO custom fit, without external antenna. Unfortunately the lack of antenna means it wont have the reach of current Sena's and others which sits at about 1 MILE.

#7 ·
I ended up getting an Arai ProTour for about $480US today. I love their helmets and have always been happy with their quality.

#11 ·
The red bull rookies cup riders must wear Shubert helmets during official races.
I have yet to hear a positive comment from these kids. Visibility is a big issue.
Looks like the cup organizers have listen and will allow riders to wear the helmet of their choice starting maybe 2017 but for sure 2018.
It all depends if they can their Shubert contract.

Btw.... BMW motorrad has sourced out a new helmet manufacturer for their BMW branded helmets.
Shubert is out.

#12 ·
SH..... I was thinking of contacting you to see if you had any new Sharks on your possession that were you selling. I've had a pair of those in the past and was impressed with them.

Interesting note about the Schuberts. I have an AGV and a Box that have narrow fields of view. It's very noticeable when I go back to the Bell or Shoei. *

#14 ·
Interesting notes on field of vision.. thats not good news for me. I'm sure i'm not the only one that gets anxiety when i cant see vehicles on edges of peripheral vision. Its bad enough THEY are blind :coffee

i'm happy with my AVG Gp-tech and am very hesitant to switch as i've grown accustomed to it, both on the R1 and the Raider alike.

#15 ·
i have been using a Schueberth C3 for a few years now and field of view seems good to me. The modular design is really handy for fueling and i find I wear the helmet right into the into the store at times.
Pros - Modular design super quiet drop down sun visor
cons - poor air flow thats why their so quiet

#16 ·
i have been using a Schueberth C3 for a few years now and field of view seems good to me. The modular design is really handy for fueling and i find I wear the helmet right into the into the store at times.
d'uh, i kept wondering who i knew to wear a Schuberth C3 recently, did you wear it on the Oregon trip? should have asked about it more
but I didnt really get bit by the modular helmets bug till near end of summer as my AGV GP-tech is getting long on the tooth.

what size are you? i'm a large, would be nice to get an idea of fitment. If anything with the position you ride you'd be able to tell if there were peripheral vision issues, easier than on a sportbike i mean

#17 ·
Yup wore it on Oregon trip, I have never had any peripheral vision issues with the C3 helmet. apparently Schuberth shells are the same size for smalls and mediums its the liners that are used for sizing and you can mix and match the the different pads to get the perfect fit.My wife had to change out her small cheek pads for a pair of mediums on hers.Not sure about the larger sizes as i managed to squeeze into a medium. For road use once you try a modular i doubt you will ever go back to a standard helmet its just too convenient for short stops. Go to Vanco BMW/Ducati and find your size there they had a great selection a few years ago. I got my C3 for $650 on sale there 4 years ago but thats a old model now the more recent models have improved air flow and larger visors.

#25 ·
I have a Shoei Neotec as well, their modular product. Great helmet; quiet and the usual outstanding Shoei quality. I also have a Nexx that flips up, an OK helmet but not great.

I don't wear any helmet off the bike. I haven't worn one like that since I was warned not to after walking into a California gas station wearing one. I could see the gas stations's reason very clearly. Otherwise I think it looks either dumb or disrespectful. I'm not saying anyone who does wear it is, that's just my feeling when I do so.

As an aside, I always pull the helmet off when crossing the border. Approaching the booth; I'll pull off to the side and place the helmet on the tank, balancing it as I make my final approach. After chatting with the friendly border guard I don't put it on until I clear the booth. Doing so, I've had the guards thank me and tell me to tell other riders to do the same. I suppose it helps speed up the process and ease their workload.

I had read previously that someone got a "No Helmet" ticket for doing what I described above. I guarantee you that person "talked" themselves into the ticket. 10+ years of crossing Canada/US and US/Mexico borders and not a single incident for me.

#30 · (Edited)
schuberth helmets

hi,,,
"Just purchased a Schuberth C3 helmet and absolutely love it! Excellent quality. Very quiet. Comfortable to wear and the airflow is excellent.

My previous helmet was a HJC IS-Max flip up, size large. I ended up with a 2XL (size 62-63) in the Schuberth even though my pumpkin measured only (?) 60.5 cm. According to Schuberth’s sizing chart, I should have worn a XL. I was able to install my Cardo Scala Rider G4 intercom system on the Schuberth. It was a little tricky to separate the inner liner from the shell in order to install the base plate, but with patience and a spoon, I met with eventual success. You have to mount the base plate pretty far back, because it has to go in behind the sliding lever that operates the tinted internal visor. Having said that, the boom mike is long enough that it I could still position the microphone in front of my mouth. I have tinnitus in one of my ears, so the quietness of this helmet justified the additional cost for me."

PREVENTATIVE VEHICLE MAINTENANCE

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.