BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm inching away in traffic on 6th trying to hit the Cambie street bridge when I here this...neeeneeeeneeeneeneeneeeneeneeeneee. I check out my mirror and I see this chick on the sidewalk riding her scooter. She had to have rode at least 3 blocks on the sidewalk before getting back on the road. There was even a cop beside who just looked over, had a grin and did nothin'. In any event, it just made me laugh my arse off. Is it me or do you think scooter dudes are crazy mad hatters that are more nuts to ride those things than we are?! More than not I have found the power to accelerate has got me out of a jam more times than braking like a mofo. I'd be a gonner on a scooter. Just cause they go like 80 top speed don't mean they won't get mashed if they fall off. Most have their cute little purses flopping in the wind while they try and keep their legs together cause they wear skirts while they ride. Crazy, I tell ya. I'd rather be a projectile doing 200+ than be on one of those things. They are a hoot to ride though! Just makes me chuckle everytime I see someone on one. I'd like to see one with an akrapovic on...tee hee.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Yep, "everyone" knows they aren't "real motorcycles" so they MUST be safe.........

Can't believe the reaction of that cop... Can you imagine if you tried to do that with your sportbike?????? :eek

·
ignorance + apathy
286 Posts
The worst part is most of those riders never took a motorcycle course and have no riding knownledge on the road ... and they usually don't wear protection gears except the helmet ... :eek

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think scooters rule! My wife used to have a Vespa 200 which was awesome fun to ride. I have lots of other friends in the Vespa scene as well. I think the only downside is that the small scooters don't require any training or licensing. Doesn't make any sense to me at all. Riding on the sidewalk? I'm sure that was funny to see, but a pretty stupid move.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
some friends and I want to start a scooter gang, who's in! we could ride around doing stunts and taking people's lunch money! we could be bad ass! we could come up with a really tough name like "the fun boys" or "the purple helmets"!!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in! As I don't have much money I will use scrap parts from my hair dryer and build me a scooter. I have some battery packs from radio scrap I can hook up to it and make it electric. That would be a wild project!:D

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I want to be part of your gang. We are going to RULE the stanley park scene. No kid will be safe with cotton candy in their hand.

Sewscooter

·
Registered
113 Posts
We should all just go and rent scooters for a day and terrorize Stanley Park/West End. That would be hilarious, show up on sportbikes w/full leathers, "Yeah, we want to rent scooters."

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
silversurfer said:
We should all just go and rent scooters for a day and terrorize Stanley Park/West End. That would be hilarious, show up on sportbikes w/full leathers, "Yeah, we want to rent scooters."
I'd PAY to see that one..... :laughing

Hey Sewman, your scooter gang would just be bringing back the mods and rockers gang scene from the early 60's. I think it was the mods that used to run around on scooters and look all prep'y. That is until they met some rocker gang and then the chains and sticks came out...... Lots of newspaper stories from back then. It was pretty bloody.

Not saying it would be like that today but I though the history lesson would be interesting.

But after getting stuck in rush hour traffic a couple of times this past month a scooter is starting to make a LOT more sense than my 9R.... :rolleyes

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BMatthews said:

But after getting stuck in rush hour traffic a couple of times this past month a scooter is starting to make a LOT more sense than my 9R.... :rolleyes
EXACTLY! Scooters rule! I know you're all kind of making fun of them, but they're totally fun/cheap transportation.

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
silversurfer said:
yup..where just looking for a place that has 15 to rent to us:thumbup .

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
last summer, DNA evil-e, another friend, and I were in white rock when coming the other way was a guy on a scooter. he saw us coming and proceeded to pull a wheelie with one foot on the seat and the other one in the air right through the intersection and down the street. that was too cool.

we should totally have a bcsb "scooter day". we could all go to joeys for luch and have all the scooters lined up out front. the chicks will melt! "scooters for christ"!!!! unite!!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you can rent scooters at sport bike west. it was priceless last year. they tried to follow the pack of sport bikes around kelowna in the night group ride.

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
hahaha :laughing that would be sweet! 50cc's, one gear, and some premix is all you need to make it a great day of riding. :D We MUST wear the full leathers though...that's for certain.

·
'04 R1 - You are mine!
1,697 Posts
Full leather on scooters

The new scooters look very fast and futuristic so full leather won't even look all that ridiculous...but on a moped?....:laughing ...with a basket on the handlebars?...

Do you have to insure scooters and mopeds?

·
MoToSucCubUS
1,784 Posts
silversurfer said:

·
MoToSucCubUS
1,784 Posts
silversurfer said:
Kenny's Fun Club near granville island. $12/hr or $49/day all inclusive except gas. we've (sort of) done this before and they have 25ish scooters available within a couple days notice.

you would not believe how much fun it is to ride your sportbike after a few hours scooting around town. like the *first time* all over again :angel.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Hey Sliver, for next time when you hit the send button by accident and go "shucks" you don't need to reply a second time. Just hit the "edit" button and it puts you back into your original post so you can add the pithy comments...... :D

And yeah, I can just imagine that after a couple of hours on one of those getting on the sportbike would be quite a change...... :laughing

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've got to agree with you BMatthews. I too would be willing to pay to see a bunch of sportbikers show up in full leathers and rent scootes. I'd be ROTFLMAO!
:laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing

·
space for sale
501 Posts
silversurfer said:
my friends and I did that for my friends going away party. It was pretty neat on those little things.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts