BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Lee RideFar
5,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone interested in Scuba Dive in the ides of March?

Deeper Auquatics offers dives every Sunday. They don't charge anything to go diving unless a boat is invovled or you need air. Since nobody is confirmed I am not going to wait around for that. I am going to be at Deeper Aquatics at 900am Sunday morning. We are either going to dive Ansel Point, Porteau Cove, or Calvin Grove. If we do Ansel point it will be one dive. Whoever is in just post here and I hope to see some of you there.

Deeper Aquatics Limited
1782 Alberni Street, Vancouver, BC V6G1B2
(604) 662-3337

It is right downtown by the Lions Gate Bridge.

:lurking

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
i might be up to it... it's on the 12th eh... sunday.. i'll let u konw.. depends if i'm sober... ahahaha

·
Lee RideFar
5,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those of you who were interested missed a pretty cool dive. We decided on Ansel Point and unfortunately there were no wolf eels just a playful seal. We were moving along the wall and my right leg was not moving properly. When I turned around to figure out what was wrong there was a seal tugging on my flipper. I was able to scratch underneath its chin, grab onto his arms and generally play with him. It was pretty amazing. I have never been so up close and person with wild sea animal before. Throughout out the entire dive he disappeared and came back right up until the end of the dive.

I hope the seal is there next time.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
that's awesome.. if u do dive at whytecliff at night there's always seals veyr very playful....

·
Bohica
2,801 Posts
those seals have been around for a while. they are freaky if your not expecting them and the vis is bad. one came outta no where and tapped my friend on the mask during a night dive. he almost crapped his suit and then he surfaced so fast he musta had the upper 2/3's of his body porpoise out of the water ...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts